Sign in to follow this  
EvilJames

Ral Partha AD&D Classic: Snow Troll

Another old mini that I painted at the same time as the Taer. Initially I just primed him white and called it good, but since I was painting the Taer, I figured he'd be a good one to paint along side them since he would have a similar color scheme. He was also equally a pain the %&^$#@ elf to photograph, didn't matter if I was using a neutral background or my dungeon tiles. he would inevitably be washed out and or blurry. while trying to experiment I got a decent picture of him on top of my trash can out side.

587564283_Snowtroll.thumb.jpg.7a65b4f4cad61be114f4c39a88095b9a.jpg

This guy is very much based on his art in the Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume One. Drawn by one of my favorite D&D artists Tony Diterlizzi.

Hmm blown up it's still a little blurry now. I don't get it, the S8 is supposed to have an awesome camera, but it seemed like I was getting better pictures with my wife's old Ipad. :grr: I really thought I had finally gotten a picture of him that actually worked. Might try and fix this later as well.

Edited by EvilJames
  • Like 11

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      This is an old school mini from the German rpg Das Schwarze Auge, 15500b: Female Sorcerer. I found it on the Ral Partha Europe website. WIP (incomplete) here.

I'm rather pleased with how the light refraction and reflection effects on her orb turned out.

• By Metalchaos
      Wizards of the Coast, Chainmail Miniatures Drazen’s Horde faction 88361, Ogre Trooper.
      This 42mm tall pewter model was sculpted by Mike McVey and I painted it with acrylics and inks.

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody,

so my Shadowrun quest goes on, and I just finished the last of a quartet of street mages.  I think I'm enjoying these because the color schemes are different than I usually use, and I don't feel at all odd about painting different and punky hair colors with the game and the figures conceptualized by in the eighties and nineties.

Anyways, here's another street mage, and Elven Combat Mage, hope you enjoy!
    • By 72moonglum
      Hi guys,
      so I'm slowly working my way through some Shadowrun figures, and here is my latest one.  This is number three of a set of four Street Mages, one more left to go on the set.

Tried to use pretty much just greys, blues and purples, didn't want too much contrast!

So anyhoos,  not too much metal on this figure, which was kind of nice.  Next one hopefully in a few days to complete the set!
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)