Sign in to follow this  
dmpv01

77102: Ebonwrath, Dragon - Black, Lava Theme, OSL

That OSL is perfectly subtle. And the Blacks are spot on. 

I just love the drama of the OSL-effekt. 

• Like 1

Very nice work with the lighting effect. I also love the way you did the black on the dragon. I also love the work on the base. OK.......I guess I'm trying to say I love everything about it. 

I always want to do this.  I have done lava bases but chickened out on the OSL 

nice work. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GodOfCheese
      Learning from my previous forays into blending with wings, I decided to try for something more challenging.  In doing this, I learned that sometimes the parts of bigger minis don't fit together as well as one hopes, which in this case resulted in some  improvisation, especially around the foot/base socket and the wings.  But I am enjoying how he came out.  He was wondrously bumpy.  :-)

• By Citrine
      I had finished the dragon in December last year, but I still had the base to work on. Finally finished this brand new looking clockwork dragon painted with metallic paints and my favorite blue, Nightmare Black this weekend.  I still have another, thinking of doing a rusty/tarnished version sometime.

• By Geoff Davis
      03880: Phineas Greybone, Necromancer sculpted by Tre Manor

Overall I'm really happy with how the light effects worked out.  This was a really difficult miniature to photograph.  The main challenges painting him were the glowing skull and the very irregular base.  I tired to make the skull stand out by making very deep purple shadows around it.  I used red, orange and white glazes and appear to glow, but without making it look too orange.  Making the base look dark enough was very difficult because it has a very irregular surface and every jagged edge catches the real light and makes it look brighter than I want it to in comparison to the shadow areas on the main figure.  In future for a project of this type, I would use a smoother style of base so I have more control over the shadows and lighting like on the main figure. 

Comments and criticism are welcome. 

• By Geoff Davis
      03157: Garwin Greywand, Wizard by Bobby Jackson

Comments and Criticism welcome.

• By spitfire23bc
      This one was painted up in a bit of a hurry for a D&D game. I'm pleased with the overall effect (especially the wing colouring), but I'd like to have taken a bit more time to make the scales pop. The wings were airbrushed to get the smooth blending; the rest was done with a hairy stick. Mostly Peacock Green, Brilliant Green and Viper Green, I think. With some yellow mixed in for highlights and a darker olive shade for the darker bits.

The broken tower was made with a sheet of cork - i cut a load of blocks and made the edges a bit ragged, then did a lot of drybrushing and washing. The trailing vines came from a bag of lichen which got some brown wash to make it look slightly less pleasant.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)