Sibling

Post to Australia: How long is too long?

So I put an order in with Reaper on the 2nd of May. I've done at least one order each month. The one that took the longest to arrive took about 2 and a half weeks. Most of them arrived pretty quickly (two weeks or less). The tracker says something about leaving an exchange. I don't know if that's supposed to be customs or Australia post. So my question to other Aussie forum members is, at what point do I panic and try to track this down, cause I'm starting to get nervous.

I don't have much experience sending thing out to foreign countries, but when I have purchases shipped in, delivery takes anywhere between 2-4 weeks on average.  I've had packages from the UK in as little as a week.  I've had other packages from Spain take 6.  This has been my experience with standard post.  Express courier packages only take 2-3 days.

I currently have a package coming from the UK that the US post office has been transporting back and forth between two different facilities for the past 4 days...

• Like 2

Fwiw, I placed a small order from Reaper on the 6th of May, and it arrived here in NZ after about 10 days. My tracker never mentioned an ‘exchange,’ so maybe it’s in  AusPost hands?

• Like 2

I'm Dutch, usually Reaper ships it to me within two weeks from the USA.

However I have had Ebay purchases from closer by ( UK, Poland etc) that took over a month.

Customs might be the culprit here.

Depending on the size of your order and the value they might inspect it ( read : the customs people are playing with your toys, when there bored with them, they will finally send them to you and maybe even charge you for this)

• Like 2

NZ here, I've had Reaper orders turn up in about a week and a half to two weeks for the most part.

My Bones 3 KS rewards took a comparatively long time to get to me via an Australian distributor though, so maybe the problem is domestic.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sibling said:

So I put an order in with Reaper on the 2nd of May. I've done at least one order each month. The one that took the longest to arrive took about 2 and a half weeks. Most of them arrived pretty quickly (two weeks or less). The tracker says something about leaving an exchange. I don't know if that's supposed to be customs or Australia post. So my question to other Aussie forum members is, at what point do I panic and try to track this down, cause I'm starting to get nervous.

We see up to 6 weeks delivery time.  Customs are the unknown varying factor.

Take your tracking number and check with your local carrier/customs house.

• Like 5

So it appears that my tracking number works for Australia Post (sometimes if you try it too early it just doesn't work) and the item is on its way. If I don't have it in a few weeks I'll lodge a missing item form with them.

Let me tell you all about the corrupting influence of the Wraiths. It would seem that they weren't keen on the weather in Sydney and after arriving via Dubai they immediately corrupted the other minis in the package and convinced them to holiday for a while in Greece.

(This part isn't completely a joke the AusPost tracker clearly shows them departing Sydney and then being processed in Athens)

in in the meantime thankyou everyone for your responses. They have put my mind at ease.

Now I just have to figure out how to do a conversion/paint for a wraith on a Mediterranean beach.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dai-Mongar said:

NZ here, I've had Reaper orders turn up in about a week and a half to two weeks for the most part.

My Bones 3 KS rewards took a comparatively long time to get to me via an Australian distributor though, so maybe the problem is domestic.

Thanks for the heads-up. Given that I *already* am anxious to see Bones 4 arrive, I’ll try to temper my expectations until March.... ;)

• Like 2