https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/arcadia-quest-riders?ref=c54ccn

04f5bcbacb36396962dc9b8a34a8c8d2_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1526480940&auto=format&lossless=true&s=4af4c08ab401933b097c62369bd66981

4342ee249759ba01af1a3439762bca6a_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1526596986&auto=format&lossless=true&s=f908d1883dc1a853e35a9579a78d6834

Arcadia Quest: Riders features a brand-new campaign that tells the story of the Guilds attempting to push Malkhor back from the city. In this campaign, 3 alternative scenarios plug into the previously released Beyond the Grave and Pets expansions, bringing a fun mix of Mounts, Pets and Undead together. There's even a scenario that mixes Riders with the other 2 expansions!

Based on past experience, we will be charging shipping after the Kickstarter concludes based on the actual costs incurred to ship. We will collect this via our pledge manager after the campaign ends, using PayPal. This is so we can be fair to all our backers as shipping is rarely one size fits all, and also give you more stretch goodies and possibly a choice of carrier options.

We will ship your rewards at our cost to our international hubs. Depending on where in the world you are, we will either ship to you from our hub in the UK (EU backers), China (Asia Pacific backers), Canada (Canadian backers), Australia (Australia and New Zealand backers) or Atlanta (USA and the rest of the world). Following is a list of rough estimates for shipping a single Arcadia Quest: Riders pledge.
• USA: $10-$15 to most states. $35 to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
•CANADA: $15-$30 to most cities.
•LATIN AMERICA: $60 to most countries.
•ASIA: $10 to China and Hong Kong. $20-$25 to most other countries (we can’t predict an estimate cost to Malaysia).
•OCEANIA: $15-$30 to Australia. $20 to New Zealand.
•AFRICA: $75 to most countries.
•EUROPE: $15-$30 to most countries.
• $35 to Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia.
• $35-$45 to Bosnia/Herzegowina, Croatia, and Iceland.
• $60 to Israel, Liechtenstein, and Serbia.

Unfortunately, different import laws and customs have made it impossible for CMON to ship games to certain specific countries.

*WE DO NOT SHIP TO:* Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan.

So, pledge based on shipping hub (shipping paid after campaign), one copy of riders only available for June, more available in pledge manager

5 days only

no stretch goals (apparently), what you see is what you get, cost $65 + shipping

personally it looks expensive (especially as I don't like the way the mounts are done although I see why they've gone the way they have), but if you play a bunch of AQ it might be worth it..... maybe? If it doesn't work out I could see CMON not bothering with anything for retail when they reprint, on the other hand a discount from an online seller would look pretty good if you wanted to wait

• Like 1

CMON have been doing a lot of experiments, and here's a five day campaign for an expansion that can't be played without one of the other base games.

Also, this is the pre-orderiest kickstarter campaign ever.  They're running through their first printing (delivers in July- that means these things pretty much have to be on the water by now, and the second wave hitting in November means that they'll just be ordering another printing).

It makes me wonder if they developed it as a normal retail release, then decided to move it to kickstarter fairly late in the day.

Edited by odinsgrandson

1 hour ago, odinsgrandson said:

CMON have been doing a lot of experiments, and here's a five day campaign for an expansion that can't be played without one of the other base games.

Also, this is the pre-orderiest kickstarter campaign ever.  They're running through their first printing (delivers in July- that means these things pretty much have to be on the water by now, and the second wave hitting in November means that they'll just be ordering another printing).

It makes me wonder if they developed it as a normal retail release, then decided to move it to kickstarter fairly late in the day.

That's interesting. Must mean that Kickstarter's cut + whatever discount they offer is worth the exposure plus early adoption/install base.

Distributors and retailers expect a 40% discount from MSRP, so KS and the pledge manager's cut of less than 15% plus the free advertising is worth it. (Someone feel free to update the numbers.)

Monolith reported an even further discount for their Conan game. MSRP was $125, they were selling to Asmodee for about $25, and it cost them about $35 to make.

How do these mounts work? Just place any fig on top, round base and all? Or are there seated rider figs?

hmm, I'd back for the Jacklol models only but nothing else is grabbing me.  Riders standing on top of the mount is a bit too board-gamey for what I would use the models for.