Sign in to follow this  
Maledrakh

Maledrakh's Wierd West Oz (80059) Chronoscope

17 hours ago, JGroeling said:

Is Hellboy the cowardly lion? 

This is exactly what I thought when I saw this miniature. All the others look like wizard of oz, but lion just looks out of place:(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chaoswolf
      This is an old Mage Knight figure that I slightly converted and repainted. He was holding a comically undersized flail in his left hand, so I cut it off and replaced it with a halberd from an old GW Chaos Warrior I had in my bits box. After that, it was just a matter of repainting him for use on the tabletop. He'll make an interesting BBEG in some game I haven't created yet.

Thanks for looking.

• By Chaoswolf
      These are 3 little imps/demons that I pulled off the melt table at Reapercon last year. I'm not sure of manufacturer, so if you recognize them, please let me know. I think they may be from a 15mm figure range.

I bashed these guys out over he course of a couple evenings about a week ago. Thanks for looking.

With (in need of a touch up) Sir Forscale:

• By 72moonglum
      Hello guys and gals,
      here's a new figure I just finished, a Ral Partha figure from the eighties, a female warrior, kind of a bit barbaric, with axe and shield.  As Always, deciding just simple things like colors were kind of more time consuming than they should have been.  I did her hair black because I'd seen the same model very nicely painted and done blonde and didn't want to copy. This was sculpted by the great Julie Guthrie, sculpting goddess.

Also had no idea what color the shield should have been so eventually and randomly chose green!   Anyhoos, enjoy!
    • By Maledrakh
      This set was delivered as part of the third Bones kickstarter campaign, but is not sold by Reaper. There seems to be no mention of it here on the Reapermini-site at all, which I find a bit strange. It does not appear in any search I have tried. However, it is to be found on the Victoria Miniatures site, so I assume it was only made by Reaper for Victoria Miniatures and not as a joint product even though it was in the Bones KS.

That aside,

IT'S SLEDGEHAMMER TIME!

I have not actually painted any large vehicles or similar kits like this in a very long time, and have never really tried my hand at weathering or any of that lark. So the results are not all that either. In hindsight, I think I should have done the piece in a different color more consistent with the uniforms I ended up doing, maybe added some camo netting or something. Also I probably should have looked into how to do weathering properly -I don’t even have a sponge. And maybe I should get my airbrush up and running again. Oh well.  It is perfectly servicable for the tabletop.

the backside pictures all turned out too blurry to be usable.

The gun and carriage are in hard polystyrene HIPS plastic, and quite straight forward to build. Parts fit together fine with little or no flash to speak of.
      The crew are in bones material, and the rubbery type at that. Only the wrench and the rangefinger piece needed the hot water treatment to straighten anything out. All (apart from the range finder part) are one piece, with tabs beneath their feet to fit seperate slotted 25mm round bases in a similar style to 40k. There is also a large oval base for the piece, but I did not use that here.
      The tabs needed slight trimming to fit the slots in the bases. Apart from this the minis only had very slight mould lines, which can be ignored unless they, like for me, trigger your OCD and need to go. I carve them off with a sharp scalpel.

The range finder-piece was completely wonky even after boiling, and I ended up having to drill through it and insert a pin to get it to be something approaching straight, The crew are slightly smaller than similar models from the Imperial Guard, sorry, Astra Militarum from Warhammer 40k which this model clearly is meant for.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)