Sign in to follow this  
NyarlaBcn

Warhammer's Royal Couple: Ariel & Orion

Amazing! I don't know what colors you used for the lady's dress, but it kind of looks like leather or skin, especially the back of the skirt. Just love that dress! I never would've thought about painting it like that. Beautiful. The horned guy is also excellent. Love the way you painted his bow! 

Also a fan of the way you match up colors on the bases with similar colors from the figures. Fairy type creatures should look like part of their environment. Nicely done.

On 5/22/2018 at 4:03 AM, Boaz said:

So spring and fall are covered ... any plans for summer and winter ?

haha now you say it, I would love to do something with summer & winter... but I just don't know (yet, at least) with which miniatures. These two are demigods on Warhammer setting, and their size is bigger than that of a regular elf: I think they must be equivalent to a 54mm scale figure. There is not other elven characters that scale that I know... 

11 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Amazing! I don't know what colors you used for the lady's dress, but it kind of looks like leather or skin, especially the back of the skirt. Just love that dress! I never would've thought about painting it like that. Beautiful. The horned guy is also excellent. Love the way you painted his bow! 

Also a fan of the way you match up colors on the bases with similar colors from the figures. Fairy type creatures should look like part of their environment. Nicely done.

Thank you! For the Lady's dress I used "Dryad Bark" as a base, then lighten it with "Karak stone", and finally highlighted with "Karak Stone". All washed a couple times with "Agrax Earthshade". All of them are Citadel. Dryad Bark is a deep kinda greyish brown, and Karak Stone... I don't know how to describe it xd Believe me, I wasn't sure about painting it that way till it was almost done. I think one of my strong suits is that I have - Or I think I have -  a good eye for color, and combining color... and that usually saves it for what I lack on technique. 

And thank you for what you say about the bases ^^ Basing is not my strong suit, and I can rarely work on improve it just because I don't have space for escenic bases... 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sharkbelly
      Here is the next part of the army. 9 of 18 orc warriors. Just the black primer and a little green so far.

• By Sharkbelly
      Hey all, Here is the start of a small Orcs and Goblins force. These guys have been sitting around for a while, but since I forgot to pack my case of miniatures when I came back overseas, they are next up on the painting table...

I hope they'll make a nice complement to my Ogre army, and be useful for RPGs and Warhammer Quest. So far they have gotten some brown, beige, and two shades of green.

• By WhiteWulfe
      They say every army needs it's centerpiece, it's keystone...  It's.... Leader.  Many have glorious names, that warriors will flock to battle under, to defend some sort of principle, moral code, or... Other stuff.

Not this one.  Nope, not him, a warlord who doesn't even bother with a name.  Some say his name was lost to the ages, others say that anyone who dares utter his name winds up meeting an untimely fate.  All that is known, is that the murderous mutant rats under his command are some of the most bloodthirsty out there, and they all speak with a hushed reverence for some critter that's simply known as "Steve", most without realizing Steve is the impaled skull on the warlord's shoulder...

Two things are well known though...  He, and his forces are typically only known by their actions, namely that any town or outpost that they attack, there are no survivors left behind, and an absolutely bloody amount of carnage is left in his wake..

^Originally tried to just use the box art behind him, and keep things relatively tidy, but I was having trouble with my mobile phone's camera hunting for focus, and so after a few attempts I wound up switching to a plain white sheet of paper.  Putting these two up though because a)I like them, and b)the colours turned out fairly close to how the mini is in the real world, at least to my eyes.

This is the first character mini for my "Unrelenting Tide" Skaven army...  Comprised of a combination of the 25th Anniversary Warhammer Fantasy Battles Skaven boxed army set and the Island of Blood miniatures, this is the first miniature I've tried to go further than just tabletop with, and saw what I'll describe as mixed results.  While I did want to try certain techniques such as OSL, I decided as I was going on to simply work on basics such as lining.  Now yes, I could have gone a few more layers on the flames, and especially his lower half, I wound up calling him "done" due to a few things, but mostly because I'd repainted certain parts three or four times and it was getting to the point where I just wanted him finished.  Oddly enough, thanks to some things on him and other minis I'm still working on, I was able to come up with a colour scheme that seemed to just... "click" and work for him.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Brokk Grungsson, an important character in the Kharadron Overlords (steampunk, sky pirate dwarfs) faction in the game Warhammer: Age of Sigmar.

Had this one in the Cupboard of Unfinished Thingstm for a while, and I'm glad it's finally done.
      Bit disappointed with the base though. I wanted to give him a reason for wearing his blimp-suit, so I have him flying over a large pool lava, but I don't think it really works, it needs more texture or some rocks to break up all the yellow or something.

As always any comments or criticisms are warmly received. 
    • By Lidless Eye
      At least once a year, I like to convert up a Hired Sword in sacrifice to the eventual resurrection of Mordheim.

This guy was an Age of Sigmar Bloodreaver in his previous life.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)