Sign in to follow this  
wickedshifty

07005 Cairn Wraith

Great figure! Your OSL effect rocks and the green moss you added to the base helps tie the whole thing together. Looks like the wraith is actually rising from a crack in the earth. 

• Like 1

Thank you all so much. I’ve been working on improving my OSL so it’s nice to hear I’m getting there. Also, his base is beautiful without anymore basing, I just filled it out further to make him special, since I like him so much. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      03157: Garwin Greywand, Wizard sculpted by Bobby Jackson.  Continuing on with practicing OSL.  I started by undershading with dark brown and purple and highlighted up to linen white on his body and base.  I did the same thing but with black and greys on his staff.

I then added the blue for his robe, using two sets of blues.  One set has no light effect colour added.  The other set has the yellow added.  I did the shading and highlighting on the dark side with the blues that didn't have the yellow added.  I used the set with the yellow added anywhere that I thought the light was going to hit, using the undershading as a guide as to where that would be.  The yellow I mixed with the blue is also used on the orb.

Then I added the other colours (particularly the staff and the fleshtones) using the same approach of mixing up two sets of the colours to use side by side.

Overall I'm pleased with the way it's turning out.  A few of the values seem out of balance though.  Particularly parts of the staff compared to the adjacent areas on his robe.  Some of the flesh tones that are further away from the orb need to be darker still.  The part of the staff directly below the orb seems too bright overall, especially right beneath the orb.  Still a work in progress.

• By Crowley
      First off, I love the painting instructions you've been putting up for the new minis! Thank you, they're wonderful!

Do you think you could make a more printer friendly version, without the fancy background color but still keeping the pictures?

Thanks again!
    • By dmpv01
      These two minis are the same character, one in an action pose as an eldritch knight, and the other as arch mage of the mages college. These are for an upcoming pathfinder campaign. These are custom heroforge minis I printed and sculpted flames on the sword for added effect.

• By dmpv01
      Simple speed paint. All done except for the base.
      Edit: I've added my 2nd Cairn Wraith. I really liked Michael Proctor's example paint so I copied the color scheme for it.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)