Lt. Coldfire

Female Bard with Lute from Dark Sword Miniatures

Wonderful painting! I like how you treated the highlights on her hair. I particularly like the base.

• Like 1

super smooth looking and cool base..and the photo background really put everything together , really nice work !

I orderer myself 2 frogs figure from darksword, hope i will not mess them up too much ^^

She's a wonderful combination of subtle tones, a delicate touch, and clear and well defined shapes. The base and the photography add to the mood of quiet contemplation. Just lovely!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      So this is a weird one. I know exactly where I got this figure. It's a Hasslefree sci-fi miniature female space dwarf sort of, I dunno, mercenary or something.

... I'm pretty sure. It's possible I am misremembering.

Unfortunately, I've mislaid the packaging and Hasslefree has a tendency to remove temporarily out-of-stock figures from its catalogue and this one currently is not in it.

Does anyone know her SKU and name?

(She's the one on the right. The one on the left I already know is Hasslefree's "HFG405 Pilot Hayden," another space dwarf.

• By Crowley
      On Wednesdays I’ve been playing in Storm King’s Thunder at my FLGS, and since I have lots of minis, I’ve basically been providing the minis for the game, including for my fellow players. However, in spite of how expansive my collection is, I don’t always have a perfect match… sometimes not even close to a good match.

This was the case for the party’s human warlock and bard. For the warlock, I was using an elven bladesinger, and the bard was a female elven bard, both from the Chainmail line. It was not a good fit for the rogue-like warlock, and my utter and total lack of male bards of any type was frankly astonishing.

The monk was okay (also from the chainmail line), but as an asamar, the skin was wrong, and the colors of everything else was off too.

So with my most recent order I selected some new minis.
      14544: Ian, Ivy Crown Mage for the warlock
      02500: Fergus the Weaver for the bard

After washing them and taking care of a bit of flash and moldlines (very minor in both cases) I mixed up some greenstuff and pressed out new bases to match the bases I’ve made for the rest of the party’s minis from the Ruined Courtyard stamp from Happy Seppuku. Once the greenstuff was cured I spray primed them black, and then got to painting.

I’m still blocking in colors, and checking with my fellow players to make sure they match what they picture in their minds. I used Tanned Flesh for the warlock and and bard’s skin, and NMM Gold for the monk’s skin. Beyond that I’m not really sure what to do for the monk… Waiting on feedback.

For the warlock, I’m painting the tunic in blue, and I’m thinking about trying to give the impression of raven’s feathers for the mantle. The yellow accents will give a nice contrast to the otherwise black/blue/purple colors that’ll make up his pallet.

The bard I’m less clear on how to paint him up. So far I’m going with a bright red tunic with some yellow/gold trim. We’ll see what feedback I get from the player going forward.

More to come!
    • By Geoff Davis
      89012: Lem, Iconic Bard sculpted by Derek Schubert.  This guy was supposed to be a speed paint, but I got too interested in putting diamond patterns on his clothes. 

• By Silvervane
      I finally got around to taking photo's of MuuMuu.  I got her orgianlly as a possible bonus figure for modern Zombicide.  Never got around to painting her before getting sucked into black plague.  So I decided to finisher up.  Here is MuuMuu:

Thanks for any looking and any C&C you feel like giving.
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)