Darsc Zacal

StoneHaven Adventurers 2018

Backed.  Going pick-and-choose route.  There are about 2 minis per group that I'm interested in.

Also, agreed on their post-KS prices!  Those suckers are expensive if you buy 'em from their store.  I like Stonehaven's work, but not enough to pay $12 per mini (for most of them).

• Sad 1

I thought I might get away without backing this, but a cheese-fixated Modron is too good to pass up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hopefully we'll be able to replicate this awesome picture from the DMG by the end of this Kickstarter:

modron adventurers.jpg

• Like 1

Are Stonehaven campaigns usually this.. slow? How many more minis do you think will be realistically unlocked?

I'm currently in for a party, probably the Volunteer Watch... just hoping more will be revealed/available.

1 hour ago, Kro said:

Are Stonehaven campaigns usually this.. slow? How many more minis do you think will be realistically unlocked?

I'm currently in for a party, probably the Volunteer Watch... just hoping more will be revealed/available.

Thier early kickstarters were much busier but thier more recent ones do have a much slower pace. Slow but steady.

I'd expect s few more parties to be unlocked before it ends.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Thier early kickstarters were much busier but thier more recent ones do have a much slower pace. Slow but steady.

I'd expect s few more parties to be unlocked before it ends.

I hope so.  I like their completionist packages but those don't usually open up unless they get 5 sets or more.  I pulled the trigger and I'm in for at least a few sets.  maybe more...

Decided that I had to paint my grippli's....  maybe the dawning of knowledge that something has changed...

I'm not sure if I'm a typical or atypical Stonehaven backer. I backed almost all of their earlier Kickstarters at the Completionist level. However, the last few Kickstarters seem to have a larger number of more "out there" miniatures like Owlfolk, Kitsune, Kenku and Grippli, which I just don't have much use for, so I've given them a miss. I'm on the fence about this one, but will skip this one as well as this stage.

2 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

the last few Kickstarters seem to have a larger number of more "out there" miniatures like Owlfolk, Kitsune, Kenku and Grippli, which I just don't have much use for, so I've given them a miss.

Those are the exact sorts of things that are making this my first stonehaven KS. Those guys fill gaps in my collection and seem fun and fresh to paint. Ill be cherry-picking them out of the lineup. I have decades of assorted adventurers stockpiled, so more human/elf/dwarf characters are an easy pass. Hoping for enough owlfolk to make a group of their own.

Edited by vulture
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, vulture said:

Those are the exact sorts of things that are making this my first stonehaven KS. Those guys fill gaps in my collection and seem fun and fresh to paint. Ill be cherry-picking them out of the lineup. I have decades of assorted adventurers stockpiled, so more human/elf/dwarf characters are an easy pass. Hoping for enough owlfolk to make a group of their own.

Oh, I'm sure there are a number of people like yourself that absolutely love those minis, especially as there aren't many options around for them. I was just explaining why I haven't backed the last couple of Stonehaven Kickstarters.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, vulture said:

That's kinda my thought too. There are tons of standing upright humans and elves. Not so many owlfolk and funky figures. I haven't backed yet - not sure if I want to cherrypick or just snag a big batch or what. I wish that the adventurer sets had the "normal" figures in one set, and oddball ones in another though, instead of mixing them up. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

That's kinda my thought too. There are tons of standing upright humans and elves. Not so many owlfolk and funky figures. I haven't backed yet - not sure if I want to cherrypick or just snag a big batch or what. I wish that the adventurer sets had the "normal" figures in one set, and oddball ones in another though, instead of mixing them up. 

That would be a better option and would encourage both people that like the oddball minis and people that like more stereotypical minis to back.

• Like 2

Just now, Olaf the Stout said:

That would be a better option and would encourage both people that like the oddball minis and people that like more stereotypical minis to back.

Yep. If there was a set of the oddball ones all together, I probably would have failed my will save already. 

• Like 2

That seems like it would be a good compromise. There are certainly people who need a variety of classical adventurers, and folks like me who are looking for more unusual fare -  it checks both boxes.

• Like 3

I haven't researched into the project, but can we do the $12 pledge and add individuals?

My list so far would be (running total = $39)

$12 dollar pledge plus add-ons:
1st chosen = Male Owlfolk Wizard
2nd chosen = Female Owlfolk Fighter
$5 = Male Owlfolk Rogue
$5 = Female-Elf Witch with Ferret
$4 = Male Goblin Archer
$4 = Male Kobold Fighter
$3 = Female Grippli Druid
$3 = Male Grippli Mage
$3 = Modron Wizard