Sign in to follow this  
Styrofoam

New Paintbrushes

I just got some Raphael 8404 and I want to just say  that... these make such a HUGE difference.  Even some of the better brushes I had before are not even close to these.  I was skeptical at first... but holy moly. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Styrofoam said:

I just got some Raphael 8404 and I want to just say  that... these make such a HUGE difference.  Even some of the better brushes I had before are not even close to these.  I was skeptical at first... but holy moly. 

Good brushes are a must.

It makes a lot of difference.

Also..if you buy or get something, there is a thread Department of Acquisitions where we share that.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/75960-department-of-acquisitions-and-enablement-the-second/

• Like 2

Congratulations!

Pretty much everyone is amazed at the difference quality brushes make. Just like moving from craft paints (Apple Barrel, Ceramcoat, Americana) to dedicated miniature paints (Reaper MSP, Vallejo, P3). It's not that the old ones are bad, just not adapted for the hobby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Good brushes are a must.

It makes a lot of difference.

Also..if you buy or get something, there is a thread Department of Acquisitions where we share that.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/75960-department-of-acquisitions-and-enablement-the-second/

Oh my, I'm way behind on that. I think i SHALL START NEXT TIME!!!!! I guess. :P 

• Haha 2

I'm in love with my Rosemary brushes.  Raphael's I think are a little nicer but I don know if they're worth the hassle and additional cost.  But I agree a good brush is essential.  

Also worth remembering the brushes peak comes sometime after you start using it.  They do take a little while to break in, at least mine do...

• Like 1

What were you using before? I've been using W&N Series 7 Miniatures and need to order more for my fiancé, but their prices seem to have gone up ($184 for a #4, which thankfully I don't need!)