Sign in to follow this  
joshuaslater

CAV:SO Army Builder

Is the army builder working for you guys?  I can’t get it to unzip on my tablet or at work, but I’m not the swiftest cat, even on a good day.

I have only used it on a Windows PC. It does work there. Be advised that there are some undocumented 'features'...?

As an example, not all units that are for sale in real life are in the software. The infantry have to be built in the 'construction' program before you can add them to a force.

J--

22 minutes ago, jsalyers said:

I have only used it on a Windows PC. It does work there. Be advised that there are some undocumented 'features'...?

As an example, not all units that are for sale in real life are in the software. The infantry have to be built in the 'construction' program before you can add them to a force.

J--

Thanks.  I will see if the IT guy at my office can help a brother out.  I really miss the CAV 2 builder.  Thankful that the Warlord one works for me.  I may just go pencil and paper and build some basic forces to get into it.  

Which version of the Force Manager are you using?   It's running fine for me and includes light/heavy infantry and powered armor just fine.  The only major bug I've found is that if you add ODST to a squad and then try to remove the upgrade, it will crash the program (delete and rebuild the squad instead).

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 11:56 AM, Gromik said:

Which version of the Force Manager are you using?   It's running fine for me and includes light/heavy infantry and powered armor just fine.  The only major bug I've found is that if you add ODST to a squad and then try to remove the upgrade, it will crash the program (delete and rebuild the squad instead).

I should have been clearer about the infantry,  the program does include the different kinds of infantry but not all of the available options. As an example, you can buy packs of infantry that are equipped with a panzerfaust but you cannot find an infantry unit in the basic force constructor with a panzerfaust. You have to build an infantry unit with that specific option in the unit construction program and then it will be available in the force construction program.

At least it worked this way at last year's Cav-Con. Perhaps, Jon and his developers have changed it since then...?

Over on Facebook @CAVBOSS mentioned that there is an official effort going on to produce a Web based Cav army builder thingy... 

J--

I'm going to add more infantry cards. We have a new build coming on the CP and FM and will be including them (and some new CAVs and vehicles that "might" be showing up in the new KS ;) )

Also they are working on a BattleScribe file for CAV that will work across platforms as well.

Edited by CAVBOSS
  • Like 3