I remember that set on the shelf sooo long ago ... looking forward to your unboxing!

• Like 1

Such beautiful older minis..

I like those a lot.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Such beautiful older minis..

I like those a lot.

They are really beautiful figures. I set up this WIP because I need to keep motivated to keep working on them!  As of yet, not too far, but I just started so I guess it's fair.

• Like 3

I remember those! They look fantastic, I look forward to seeing how they turn out.

• Like 1

Ohhhh, I had that set. They are a lovely couple! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pingo said:

Ohhhh, I had that set. They are a lovely couple! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Hoping for some time to work on their flesh this weekend.  I have a feeling these are going to take a while. I'm naturally slow and on top of that, these are pretty large.

• Like 1

Wow, these sculpts are beautiful! It's the first time I've seen them. I never knew Grenadier had such nice figures. Thanks for posting your WIP on them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Wow, these sculpts are beautiful! It's the first time I've seen them. I never knew Grenadier had such nice figures. Thanks for posting your WIP on them. 

Grenadier has produced tons of figures and had some really beautifully sculpted pieces. There was a whole Giant series that was absolutely fantastic.

• Like 2

1858568E-516F-431F-A1C3-0330B45DB335.thumb.jpeg.6565177130ec54415c3e39a5840e5a63.jpeg728A2413-945E-4566-B61B-11EE73EC25D8.thumb.jpeg.e3aa0661f28b7ffbfc4aeeb994430fdf.jpega little bit more progress, put more shadows in....

used:

ritterlich blue

dark elf highlights 

dark elf skin

dark elf shadow

next will start working up to white

• Like 10

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nightwing
      My thinking when painting this guy was that his scales would all be gemstones. When D&D dragons were conceived, I think it was a big mistake to have the good dragon be metals and the evil ones colors. The evil ones should have been named after gemstones: ruby, sapphire, emerald, onyx, and opal. So here is the ruby dragon, in his volcanic home. I hope you like it. 

Thanks a ton to everyone in the WIP forum for advice and encouragement!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all,
      here are some more Shadowrun figures that I've been working on.  Two excellent figures, probably sculpted back in the nineties by Dave Summers, two Shadowrun Dwarven Mercenaries.  As usual, so hard to decide upon colors, but I think they worked out reasonably well.

The first one is a delicate dwarven lady:

and her stalwart male companion:

First time I've ever painted modern weaponry, so hoping they turned out okay.  With choosing colors, in an effort to make my life a little bit easier, I gave them the same color overcoat, just painted different color detailing on them. 

I find that a nice change of genre is pretty fun, I'm enjoying painting something a little less fantasy and more sci-fi for a while. I'll hope to have more of these coming soon!

Enjoy!

• By Dan d'Lyon
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimandperilous/main-gauche-a-zweihander-grim-and-perilous-rpg-sup/description

I know there are plenty of RPG players on the board, and Zweihander just won ENnies for Best Game and Product of the Year at Gen Con.  I missed the first campaign, but strongly considering jumping in on this one.
    • By Nightwing
      This was another ina large collection of oldies that my high school friends gave me. Trying to make the scales look like garnets or rubies. Please critique!

• By giyomuSan
      So I was looking at my minis box yesterday and decide that it may be wise to get them done ! haha , like kid who want to cake and mother saying you will get another one when you finish the first one haha.

Anyway I though I just do an ongoing wip, self motivation ( well actually I am quite motivate to get those in shape ).

Primed couple minis so they are ready for paint ( minus the 2 Cmon one since I need to get some putty on those to cover the obvious seam du to the assembly ).

And I am going to start with those bad girls...actually Raging Heroes box I ordered , finally get onto glue all those parts , they are really super small ! Kinda like Wizkids size if not worse lol , well for those at last.

The darksword frogs are for a new scene / vignette but I will paint the figure first this time and worry about the vignette after :D..

Have to think about my color scheme for those lust elves now , I and I think I will get onto dark purple / blue tone for clothings and more pale skin / wolf grey kind of mix maybe for the skin..
      This time since that's a set I will try to paint them in batch so I keep color somewhat homogeneous between them.

Well I guess I have a paint schedule for couple week coming :D...
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)