I remember that set on the shelf sooo long ago ... looking forward to your unboxing!

• Like 1

Such beautiful older minis..

I like those a lot.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Such beautiful older minis..

I like those a lot.

They are really beautiful figures. I set up this WIP because I need to keep motivated to keep working on them!  As of yet, not too far, but I just started so I guess it's fair.

• Like 3

I remember those! They look fantastic, I look forward to seeing how they turn out.

• Like 1

Ohhhh, I had that set. They are a lovely couple! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pingo said:

Ohhhh, I had that set. They are a lovely couple! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Hoping for some time to work on their flesh this weekend.  I have a feeling these are going to take a while. I'm naturally slow and on top of that, these are pretty large.

• Like 1

Wow, these sculpts are beautiful! It's the first time I've seen them. I never knew Grenadier had such nice figures. Thanks for posting your WIP on them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Wow, these sculpts are beautiful! It's the first time I've seen them. I never knew Grenadier had such nice figures. Thanks for posting your WIP on them. 

Grenadier has produced tons of figures and had some really beautifully sculpted pieces. There was a whole Giant series that was absolutely fantastic.

• Like 2

1858568E-516F-431F-A1C3-0330B45DB335.thumb.jpeg.6565177130ec54415c3e39a5840e5a63.jpeg728A2413-945E-4566-B61B-11EE73EC25D8.thumb.jpeg.e3aa0661f28b7ffbfc4aeeb994430fdf.jpega little bit more progress, put more shadows in....

used:

ritterlich blue

dark elf highlights 

dark elf skin

dark elf shadow

next will start working up to white

• Like 10

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Silvervane
      Well, I decided to start another WIP.  This one a sort of Halloween theme.  The Vampress  Siobhana, Vampiress by reaper.  Got some work done on her awhile ago and decided in the spirit of the season to try and finish her up.  Unfortunately I couldn't remember exactly the method I painted up the face, so I got as close as I could on the legs and hands.  Here's where she is at the moment.

As always, any C&C is always welcome.
    • By Nightwing
      Here is the female assassin from the Grenadier Action Art set “Monsters”. I don’t really think of female assassins as monsters, except in the metaphorical sense. I would have been a little disappointed if a box labeled “Monsters” had had a bunch of people. But anyway... Her face is a bit rough; the sculpting makes her look old, but her short dress seems to imply a young woman. But maybe it’s just a long shirt?  

• By Pingo
      This is an old school mini from the German rpg Das Schwarze Auge, 15500b: Female Sorcerer. I found it on the Ral Partha Europe website. WIP (incomplete) here.

I'm rather pleased with how the light refraction and reflection effects on her orb turned out.

• By Pingo
      This is the second of two old Grenadier figures from the set 1502: "Robo Hunters" sculpted by Mark Copplestone.  The 1980s vibe is strong with this one, and if that is not supposed to be Grace Jones I will eat my hat.

I gave her semi-Egyptian makeup and an ankh tattoo because of course (The Nefertiti references are pretty obvious), and tried to stick with a 1980s color palette to go with the 1980s natural waist and shoulder pads.

WIP thread (unfinished) here.

The other figure in the set, the man, can be found here.

A girl from the set "1502 Teen Robo Hunters" can be found here.
    • By Pingo
      This is the first of two old Grenadier figures from the set 1502: "Robo Hunters" sculpted by Mark Copplestone.  I'm not sure if they were ever official Shadowrun miniatures, but they are definitely a 1980s vision of the future.

WIP thread (unfinished) here.

The red is pretty intense, but tends to dry shiny no matter what I do. Here's a slightly different angle:

The woman figure from the set can be seen here.

A young woman from the set "1502 Teen Robo Hunters" can be seen here.
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)