Looking great already!

Just a process question: Are you going to paint the hands/arms after you attach them or are you painting them now as you go along and will then attach them? 

3 hours ago, TheMandolin said:

Looking great already!

Just a process question: Are you going to paint the hands/arms after you attach them or are you painting them now as you go along and will then attach them? 

Thanks very much!  I'm actually painting them at the same time separately, so every time I add a wash I add it to the separate arms and weapons as well.  This is the first time I've tried painting separate pieces and right now for example I only primed the hand and glove on the dear lady and the two hands on the axe of our noble gentleman.  When I get to what I feel is the appropriate point (not sure when that is yet), I'll glue those pieces on, finish priming them and then will probably paint them close to last.

• Like 3

And started working on their eyes. started with lemon yellow, then put some ghost white over them before “the dot”. Next will color the dot in. Some kind of blue, they’ll be, probably true blue. DF41A25E-622F-4FE6-BB3C-7E80AB3CB714.thumb.jpeg.171606ab1d724ef9174c93c0305f16cc.jpegEDB48AD7-6D9C-4D47-8D3C-D7BDB8904B1A.thumb.jpeg.864eefab15be19254828cff2823ab173.jpeg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Lovely work on those faces.

Thank you very much Lowlylowlycook!

I still have so far to go.....

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I like where this is going.

I just hope I can get to the end some day...

This morning, blocking out the hair

6A1D4669-DD49-4607-A14B-B16625332AC6.thumb.jpeg.33472b5a1062408b0c3833fcae054847.jpegD1D1F8B7-6729-4D98-9829-ABD32AA2834E.thumb.jpeg.2af1746d9c0edd54380595e3096a354a.jpeg

• Like 11

Didn’t get too far last night as I’m working on some other minis at the same time but managed to get some linen white on her tunic  8F733EAB-BE40-4DBF-B73C-AB21DE7E261C.thumb.jpeg.41eefecbe66c1eb7f40779797406b41e.jpeg

• Like 13

Got a little farther tonight. The chick’s tunic is probably more or less done with the white, and got my first few coats for he armor of the guy, which started out with dark elf highlights. Looking too dark in my  photo but still working on it. 66B2C6A3-D6EA-40CF-B038-CBA2B2B8E7F3.thumb.jpeg.692929af82b55d220356eaf92d83fc3f.jpeg0ABCD9FF-4EC3-4308-9286-A9AB5AC5F4C9.thumb.jpeg.d3d8b6bb92bab3cf556514ea6701c621.jpeg

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 14

More WIP photos, getting further, little by little:

1111914068_GrenadierfrostgiantWIP1.JPG.b1043a3f3073b8e179d02f3fadae7019.JPG102061034_GrenadierfrostgiantWIP2.JPG.bf8b5d30c5d498affa5b2e787a718202.JPG2070947194_GrenadierFrostGiantWIP3.JPG.c722a5852d733742ee5fafb193bbaeb3.JPG1768703077_GrenadierFrostGiantWIP4.JPG.076408ab39888e5289701aec47f9f97e.JPG

Was taking pictures of some other miniatures, so used my normal camera, not my iPhone against a black backdrop...

• Like 12

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now