Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I painted this lady for the Reaper facebook contest and also for my Dungeons and Dragons campaign. She is going to be a demigoddess named Vahanna. I have plans for her!
I painted each scale on her skirt and cloak individually. Nuts! I like how it turned out. The hair sculpt felt a little unfinished to me. The rest of her is beautiful. Her back and her..derriere are nicely sculpted and then covered up with the cloak. Oh well. She is a cool mini and I thought she had a pretty yet stern and serious face.
I included a picture of her with the Frost Giant Queen. They are my Fire & Ice ladies!
On Wednesdays I’ve been playing in Storm King’s Thunder at my FLGS, and since I have lots of minis, I’ve basically been providing the minis for the game, including for my fellow players. However, in spite of how expansive my collection is, I don’t always have a perfect match… sometimes not even close to a good match.
This was the case for the party’s human warlock and bard. For the warlock, I was using an elven bladesinger, and the bard was a female elven bard, both from the Chainmail line. It was not a good fit for the rogue-like warlock, and my utter and total lack of male bards of any type was frankly astonishing.
The monk was okay (also from the chainmail line), but as an asamar, the skin was wrong, and the colors of everything else was off too.
So with my most recent order I selected some new minis.
14544: Ian, Ivy Crown Mage for the warlock
02500: Fergus the Weaver for the bard
After washing them and taking care of a bit of flash and moldlines (very minor in both cases) I mixed up some greenstuff and pressed out new bases to match the bases I’ve made for the rest of the party’s minis from the Ruined Courtyard stamp from Happy Seppuku. Once the greenstuff was cured I spray primed them black, and then got to painting.
I’m still blocking in colors, and checking with my fellow players to make sure they match what they picture in their minds. I used Tanned Flesh for the warlock and and bard’s skin, and NMM Gold for the monk’s skin. Beyond that I’m not really sure what to do for the monk… Waiting on feedback.
For the warlock, I’m painting the tunic in blue, and I’m thinking about trying to give the impression of raven’s feathers for the mantle. The yellow accents will give a nice contrast to the otherwise black/blue/purple colors that’ll make up his pallet.
The bard I’m less clear on how to paint him up. So far I’m going with a bright red tunic with some yellow/gold trim. We’ll see what feedback I get from the player going forward.
More to come!
My FLGS is doing a Halloween themed painting contest. As your entry needs to be purchased in store I decided to go with a Hordes miniature I had been eyeing for awhile, Lady Karianna Rose, Grymkin Solo. I put her on a Secret Weapon base and added a couple of pumpkins, now on to primer.
Way back in May, I finished a Lava/Magma elemental that I teased as being a practice piece for something larger. It’s been longer than planned, but I’ve completed him, and I’m 99% happy with the results.
I introduce the fearsome Marty the Lava Dragon.
And one last one with his little buddy for comparison. There are definite differences in how the lava effect played out on the sculpts. I like them both for what they are.
P3 Heartfire, Magma Red, Walnut Brown, and P3 Coal Black (barely there in the very blackest areas).
Technically, I also used Pure White as a base coat and later a couple times when I messed it up badly enough that I had to start over.
Who's Online 25 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)