So I posted these sketches for new sculpt ideas to my social medias and got some good feedback. Everyone seemed to be a big fan of the Raccoon and since he was one of my favorites from the pack also, I decided to sculpt him!

I didn't have my phone with me to get pics of the initial wire frame and GS layer but I went over that with some Fimo clay and baked an underlying structure now and I'll start layering my Primo on top of that.

FB_IMG_1527875052072.jpg

IMG_20180601_123909.jpg

IMG_20180601_123903.jpg

• Like 17

Ok, idk if my new clay is way softer than I'm used to or I'm just doing details much smaller than usual but this took forever to get all the texture right. The eyes are a base layer so I can build lids and facial structure around that. The recesses in the sides of the pants will be where I add in criss cross laces.

The wire armature for his front arm was WAY lower than it should've been so I'm hoping I can just bend the wire back up to it's correct position and sculpt on top of that. If not I'll have to clip it off and drill another hole where it should've been.

IMG_20180601_170659.jpg

IMG_20180601_170627.jpg

• Like 13

Update: added criss cross laces and eyelets to the pants. Going to add in some wrinkle suggestions around the eyelets to give it a tight leather look. 

IMG_20180604_212130.jpg

• Like 10

Finished up the pants by adding wrinkles around each eyelet and across the bum. Roughed out the head shapes today. The face needs refinement but this was all I could do without magnifiers and my head hurts too much today to wear those. I will add the nose to the snout after baking, probably at the same time as adding the ears. I want to leave the hands and feet till next to last so I can balance any wonky composition concerns by sizing those to suit my needs.

IMG_20180606_133728.jpg

• Like 14

He's looking awesome!!

I love your sketches at the top too. I have no experience with that drawing out that part of "character creation." I love creating the emotional and physical parts, but I struggle with translating that into their clothing, stance, and accessories. So I'm super excited for your ReaperCon class. <3 I have a huge project I want to do, but I'm waiting until after I learn to do it haha!

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 2

On 6/12/2018 at 7:50 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Wow.  Very clean lines. I like his expression.

Thanks! That was a super important component of the design for me so I'm glad that it's working!

Added ears and nose also added GS to the arm wires. The next clay layers will be to work on the vest/chest area then probably belts/buckles, arms/weapons, feet, then tail. Still a lot to do but making good progress I think.

IMG_20180614_152259.jpg

• Like 10

Looking good.  So does this mean you aren't going to have to redo the armature for that left arm? 

On 6/14/2018 at 3:55 PM, kristof65 said:

Looking good.  So does this mean you aren't going to have to redo the armature for that left arm? 

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be fine. After adding the GS the bulk shouldn't be excessive. I'll have to be contentious of managing my clay thicknesses to make sure it looks even with the other side.

• Like 2

Starting on the vest. In my original concept art I just did some cross marks on the vest like it was quilted or something but since I've already done that texture on another figure I wanted to do this one as a more simple leather which would theoretically let the character be more agile in his movements. 

I've marked all the seams, the big folds, collar, and holes for laces. I had put the little cap sleeves on but I removed them in order to layer them over the arms instead of trying to shove clay into the sleeves. 

I'm happy with the progress so far, I had to put it aside for a couple of days to work on other commission work so, it feels good to get back to it. 

IMG_20180619_174436.jpg

• Like 7

Finished polishing up the folds (thanks to my stepson for modeling for me) and added the stitches and buckles to the vest. 

IMG_20180620_141203.jpg

Edited by Rainbow Sculptor
  • Like 11

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Al Capwn
      Howdy y'all!

I know I am rather new to the forums but I thought I would introduce a bit of what I have been working on pre and post ReaperCon 2018. No doubt I have met with some of the forum denizens here, most notably @Green Eyed Monster for sure. Hopefully my presence here will be a welcome and fruitful one, and I look forward to talking and learning from all of you! 

A few months back I decided to pick up Zombicide: Black Plague, and before I knew it I was neck-deep in medieval zombies. I told myself I would save  the heroes for after ReaperCon to employ some of the techniques and improvements I would have learned. I... uhh... sorta did that. Let's just say I quickly became tired of the derth of zombies and wanted to focus on more...noble...aspirations.

The Goal: Get 'er done. Preferably by the end of October. Because what better way to say 'Thriller' like a box o'zombies. I am shooting for tabletop standard for the standard fodder zombies, with tabletop+ for the heroes. Not quite display level, but certainly a cut-above your bog 40k Guardsman (ifyaknowwhatimean hashtag don't_tell_the_commissar). I am loosely following the box artwork along with Sorastro's YouTube series, but I certainly am not married to everything. I will try to make a note of any techniques I employ that I have learned either from class, trial and error, or from online tutorials.

Since this is my first original content post here, please let me know if I am doing anything incorrectly or against forum etiquette, as this is not my normal venue for sharing!

So grab a cup and buckle up, cuz we are fixin' to see a whole lot of pictures of the scenic countryside of Zombicide: Black Plague.
    • By Dragoneye
      Playing with Secret Weapon Miniatures weathering pigments (finally...) Making a rusty wrought iron fence is really fun! I think I need to add a few more shadows to make the bits pop. I'm pretty happy with this, but C&C welcome and appreciated!

• By Kharsin
      Okay! I'm starting this post to keep track of the miniatures I've painted in one place. Just ignore if you've seen them already! 

1. Barrow Rat (LTPK1) Finished (11.14.2013)

2. (Actually don't have this one on this board! LOL!)  06023: Anhurian Swordsmen ???

3. 02924: Bertok, Barbarian (LTPK4) Finished (11.18.2013)

4. P02741A: Nymph (LTPK4) Finished (11.21.2013)

5 & 6. 02811: Dain Deepaxe & 02823: Rasia, w/Spiked Chain Finished (1.29.2014)

7. 14536: Varaug, Orc Warlord (Alternate Sculpt) WIP & Finished (2.16.2014)

8. 14645: Bladesinger Sister "Phoebe" WIP & Finished (3.4.2014)

9. Jazzy's Garden of Eden WIP
         -  Liriel Finished (3.27.2014)

10.  The Picnic or Something Victorianish... WIP & Finished! (finally!) (4.12.2014)

11. Winter Miniature Exchange: Stonehaven Dwarf Rogue Partial WIP & Finished! (4.19.2014) 

12. 14321: Bow Sister "Nubian Princess" WIP & Finished! (5.1.2014)
            - Special WIP! Building A Better Bowl - Basing tutorial

13. 03473: Khesh Blackscale, Dragonman (Sorry! I got WIP lazy  ) & Finished! (5.17.14)
           - Redemption! (sorta): Lazy Basing WIP

14.  Stonehaven Miniatures Gnome Hoplite (a.k.a.: Pocket Achilles) Finished! (5.26.14)

15.  02689 Kurff the Swift (a.k.a.: The Hero of Speiburg) FAIL! WIP & Finally Finished (11.09.14)   

16.  02981 Lonnia, Female Duelist or "The Fair Spansh Lady" WIP and Finished! (6.23.2014)

17.  50180: Mega-Mutant or "The Fly" Finished! (7.14.2014)

18.  Bombshell Miniatures HS38 Rocket Bike & GhNT Security Bot or "The Race" Finished! (9.7.2014)

19. 14600: Kaya the Reaper or "Year of the Giants: Part I" WIP and Finished! (10.4.2014)
         - Year of the Giants: Part Deaux! WIP
         - Year of the Giants Diorama: Mothers Finished! (12.31.2014)
         - ReaperCon 2015 Silver!!! Yay!

20. 02902: Slithe Queen or "Low Tide" [Fall Exchange Mini] Partial WIP & Finished! 

21. Hasslefighter 2014 WIP PAUSED (11.8.14)
            - HFGGL4 Fist of Golgo (i.e.: Billy)
            - HFGGL8A Bobby Van Li (i.e.: Williams)
            - HFC008 Kado 

22. 01325 Bailey Silverbell Finished! (11.8.2014)
            - Official 1st Anniversary of Painting Mini! Yay!     
            - ReaperCon 2015 Silver!!! 

23. Target Acquired: Hasslefree's HFSF 109 "Smudgester" WIP & Finished! (11.21.2014)
            - ReaperCon 2015 Bronze!

24. The Freaking Dungeon!!! (a.k.a.: Super Dungeon Explorer) WIP

25.  Dr. Who Diorama (Present for Haden) WIP & Finished! (12.24.2014)

26. Bones Beauty Pageant: "Little Friend" (Cassie, Gnome Wizard) WIP & Finished! (2.7.2015)

27. "Never Toss A Dwarf" or 60004: Harsk, Iconic Male Dwarf Ranger WIP & Finished! (3.2.2015)

28. "She Be Queen!" Spring 2015 Exchange Finished! (4.16.2015)

29. "Speedy the Gobbo" Exercise in "speed" painting Finished! (4.20.2015)

30. Will's Dino Guy or Maj. Johan Emigholtz WIP & Finished! (6.8.2015)

31. Cowboys!: Roland Deschain or 59007: Gunslinger Finished! (4.5.2016)

32.  Spaaacccceeeeee Woooollllvvvvsssssszzzz!!!!!! WIP

33.  Dragons of Fall Latecoming or Marsya's Really Late I'm So Sorry It Took So Long And I Should Be Ashamed Project Finished! (4.2016) 

34. Icewind Gail or Winter Witch 60149 WIP & Finished! (4.9.2016)

35. (ish) Some hood from Hasslefree.... (um, Joe!) Practically Finished (9.11.2018) 

Running Total: 40ish Miniatures Completed! (+ a TARDIS!)

( #10 required 2 minis; #18 required 2 minis; #24 required 2 minis + a custom TARDIS #29 required 3 minis )
        (Please note that the Running Total tabulates actual painted miniatures. The numbers indicate individual
         projects, some of which may have not been completed.)

Also, a list of my continuing struggle of photographing these guys can be found here and here.
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/starcadia-quest/description

Main Game ($80)

Expansion Box ($40, so $120 total)

We will ship your rewards at our cost to our international hubs. Depending on where in the world you are, we will either ship to you from our hub in the UK (EU backers), China (Asia Pacific backers), Singapore (Singaporean backers), Canada (Canadian backers), Australia (Australia and New Zealand backers) or Atlanta (USA and the rest of the world). Following is a list of rough estimates for shipping a standard game package (4kg volumetric weight). Keep in mind these are just estimates, and costs may rise based on weight increases from unlocked stretch goals and any optional buys you choose.
      USA: $10-$20 to most states. $50 to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.  CANADA: $15-$30 to most cities.  LATIN AMERICA: $70-$80 to most countries.  ASIA: $10 to China, Hong Kong, and Singapore. $35 to most other countries (we can’t predict an estimate cost to Malaysia). OCEANIA: $20-$45 to Australia. $40 to New Zealand.  AFRICA: $95 to most countries.  EUROPE: $20-$30 to most countries.   • $35 to Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia.   • $50 to Bosnia/Herzegowina, Croatia, and Iceland.   • $70-$80 to Israel, Liechtenstein, and Serbia.  • $90 to Belarus. Unfortunately, different import laws and customs have made it impossible for CMON to ship games to certain specific countries.
      *WE DO NOT SHIP TO:* Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan.
      Basically a Tweaked version of Arcadia Quest designed to run faster and be easier to set up, with Sci-Fi-ification

Dicetower preview video

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc

Rulebook work in progress

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc
    • By HolkDiggity
      Hey there!

This is my first post-ReaperCon mini, and I'm using her to practice the various techniques that I learned in various classes. I'll be posting stages along the way, and feedback is very much appreciated!

For starters, I've gotten most of the base coats down, and the first thing I practiced was two brush blending on her orange cloak.

My plan is to do a bit of freehand along the trim in the light orange of the front skirt, and then use the same trim along the skirt in the dark orange of the cloak. It makes sense in my head, anyway!

The chest armor is done with the new Dungeon Dwellers color "Kobold Scale", and I love it. It's got a deep maroon/brown thing going on.

Thanks for looking!

• Who's Online   41 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)