A new kickstarter from the folks at Westfalia coming in August.

IMG_1772.PNG.bcfbabcece02060cb65ddf98e8380b69.PNG

An interesting and somewhat different take on elves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I backed most (all?) of their projects and was totally satisfied every single time. Nice, characterful sculpts, clean castings and great customer service in case there is a problem.

image.thumb.png.659be6df6584eb6ca6125f9b1a21fcdc.png

image.thumb.png.e5a95de43ec2d89d545ed140c0c4017b.png

image.png.d9defadd568e3d601dc1ff896ea2df48.png

Now somebody please tell me when this sculpt will hit Kickstarter (or retail) ...

image.thumb.png.4e2f0b0e4262ac39de5a24e164756f3d.png

• Like 3

I'd love to have a bunch of wild primitive Elf minis. Been hoping to run across some good ones for a few years, but these aren't them. I agree about the magic user with the curly toe slippers though. That's a great sculpt. Cosmic phenomenal power!

• Like 1

Not feeling the style of it, which is okay as I suspect Limbo is going to take all my money in July

• Like 2

Not exactly what I think when I hear 'feral' but they're nice figures.

• Like 3

Hmm I sort of like it, but look at the size of the feet on the first mini pictured

Edited by Beagle

Or they are feral halflings that got into a little too much ent-draught.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Not exactly what I think when I hear 'feral' but they're nice figures.

Same here. They look like they should make pretty nice 'normal' wood elves, but they don't seem to me like they're savage enough to be feral.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kristof65
      Vanguard: Boarding Actions in the Fifth Frontier War
      A miniatures game featuring exciting boarding actions in the universe of the Traveller RPG, with Imperial Marines battling Zhodani.
          Campaign FAQ Updates 0 Comments 12 Community   Back this project  Saved About
      Greetings fellow Travellers, and welcome to the Vanguard: Boarding Actions in the Fifth Frontier War Kickstarter project!
      This is a project we have been wanting to do for Traveller for a long time now, and we need your help to bring it to light...
      Vanguard: Boarding Actions in the Fifth Frontier War is a brand new miniatures game depicting vicious shipboard clashes between Imperial Marines and Zhodani Commandos during one of the mightiest conflicts to occur in Charted Space - the Fifth Frontier War.
      This game includes everything you need to engage in these close quarter battles, including full colour deluxe game boards, strategy cards, vital and never-before-seen background covering the Imperium and Zhodani Consulate, and two complete forces ready to fight!
      Inside the Box
      The Vanguard: Boarding Actions in the Fifth Frontier War box set contains:
      16 Imperial Marines 16 Zhodani Commandos, including 2 Warbots Full-colour 64 page Rulebook (download sample pages right HERE!) 40 Unit and Strategy Cards 6 Deluxe Gameboards (11.7 x 16.5 inches each) Thick cardstock counters to mark Wounds, Entry Points, Barricades and Objectives. Free-standing Iris Valves, in both open and closed configurations. Keep an eye on our Updates, as we will have plenty more previews of the rules, miniatures, and a full battle report of one of the missions!
      Playing the Game
      We have created a rules set that is very easy to get to grips with (you will have the basic rules memorised within a few minutes of playing) and yet mirrors the core rules of the Traveller RPG closely. All actions, for example, are accomplished by succeeding in an appropriate check (such as a Gun Combat check to shoot an enemy or Computers check to hack a sealed door).
      Play begins by selecting a ship to board, such as a Destroyer, Cruiser, or (gulp!) Battleship, and then both players build appropriate forces to attack or defend the vessel. This could be as small as a platoon or an entire company, depending on the type of ship being assaulted.
      An initial breach scenario is played and, from there, players will proceed through several scenarios as the two forces battle one another, culminating in either the attacking force reaching a critical objective, such as the power plant or bridge, or the defenders throwing their enemies off the ship altogether!
      This campaign-style of game means players have to be careful as to which forces they commit and when, marshalling their best troops for the most important fights.
      To complicate matters, both players will acquire Strategy Cards that will allow them to wrong foot their enemy - like turning off the ship's artificial gravity or explosively venting the atmosphere, exposing everyone to the void!
      Stretch Goals
      The Vanguard: Boarding Actions in the Fifth Frontier War box set contains everything you need to play these exciting battles on the tabletop - but we have the opportunity to give you more for your money and further expand this corner of the Traveller universe.
      Taken on the Run
      If we reach a total of £60,000, we will include a printed short story written by fan-favourite Martin Dougherty. Taken on the Run begins during the first few minutes of the Fifth Frontier War and will take you through a dangerous boarding action from the point of view of the Imperial Marines.
      The Aslan
      We do not want the Imperials and Zhodani to have all the fun! If we reach a total of £80,000, we will add both the rules and 16 miniatures for the powerful Aslan, a warrior race who will look forward to boarding the largest enemy warships. The Aslan lack the sophisticated armour of the Imperium, but more than make up for that with lethal weaponry, a penchant for close combat, and sheer predatory ferocity!
      The Vargr
      Often derided as mere corsairs and pirates, the Vargr have a lot to prove. If we reach a total of £100,000, we will add both the rules and 16 miniatures for a Vargr raiding force. While not known as mighty warriors, the Vargr are exceedingly good at what they do, and many a starship has fallen to their cunning tactics.
      Multi-Deck Battles
      If we reach a total of £110,000, we will add rules to combine two or more sets of Vanguard: Boarding Actions in the Fifth Frontier War so you can launch multi-deck assaults upon a warship and really keep the defenders on their toes!
      After More Traveller?  
      Traveller is one of the oldest Roleplaying Games still around, and it has built up a massive amount of background lore. You can explore this universe by adding any of the following to your pledge, simply by increasing the amount you have pledged by the appropriate amount (no need to increase your pledge level, just the pledge amount!). These items will be dispatched to you post free after the surveys for the Kickstarter have been sent out, or when they are available, whichever is soonest.
      Traveller Starter Set (everything you need to start playing the Traveller RPG): £50
      The Element Class Cruisers Ship Builder's Blueprints (explore the inner workings of an Imperial warship): £50
      The Pirates of Drinax (a massive sandbox campaign to throw you into the Traveller universe): £70
      Ties to the RPG?
      One question we have already been asked is whether you can take Travellers from the RPG and use them in Vanguard...
      We will not be producing 'adventurer' miniatures at this time, but we will be taking steps to ensure miniatures produced for future games are compatible with Vanguard. However, if you already have some suitable miniatures, it is an easy step to import them into Vanguard, as the important skills will translate across directly. After that, it is just a matter of worrying about the equipment.
      If you have characters you would like to see in Vanguard, drop us a line in the comments and we will go through them, walking you through the process to convert them!
      Risks and challenges
      We have always delivered on our Kickstarter projects and if you were to ask one of our previous backers of, say, the new Paranoia or previous Traveller project Element Cruisers Blueprints box set, we believe you would hear that the quality of our Kickstarter projects is always worth it.
      That said, we have taken steps to ensure Vanguard does not overrun its projected completion date.
      For a start, while tweaks will continue throughout the Kickstarter process, all Imperial and Zhodani miniatures are complete (you can see painted prototypes above!), the game boards are finished, and the core rules written and undergoing continual playtests.
      For the production of both the box set and miniatures, we are using a factory that we have used many times in the past, including the recent Traveller box sets, Paranoia supplements, and (a blast from the past!) the award-winning Starship Troopers miniatures game.
      This company is highly reliable and consistently produces good work on time.

Mongoose Publishing announced the start date of the KS for their Traveller 28mm skirmish game as Nov 14th. 

http://blog.mongoosepublishing.co.uk/?m=201811
    • By NomadZeke
      [MOD]Please use the full SKU and name of Reaper minis in the titles of your Show Off threads, per forum guidelines. You can find this information on the blister card or in the online store. I also like to give credit to the sculptor in a tag, so people can find their favorites.

We have a high volume of posts generated from this challenge, which is great! But it's also creating a lot of work for the mods. Ladystorm has already urged folks to comply with these guidelines.[/MOD]

As an experiment, this project has been moved to be a bi-monthly challenge last year, that seemed to have worked so until further notice that is our format. The longer time frame theoretically will give less stress to painting, and allow more complex jobs, and more sinister challenges.

FAQ
      Reaper only? - No.
      If going on vacation, can I paint a mini(s) ahead to cover that time frame? - Yes.
      Are speed paints acceptable - Yes.
      Can it be a mini started previously? - Yes.
      Based or unbased? - Yes.
      Do minis for exchanges count? - Yes.

NEW RULE - Size Equivilancy
      (This list is subject to change as bones 3 releases)
      Medium and smaller = 1 ea
      Simple Terrain (plain floors, walls) = 1ea
      Complex Terrain (http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Terrain/latest/03518 or such) = 2 ea
      Large (Giants and the like) = 2 ea
      Huge (Most dragons, Demon Minotaur Lord, etc) = 3 ea
      Bigger (Kally, Khanjirra, etc) = half of quota – rounded up
      Colossal ("Tianot,") = quota

Due to the variable nature of a CAV I compare them against a generic 28mm figure and the Avatar large figure. I take height and bulk into considering if it is worth 1 or 2 figures.
      If it's not in this list, it counts as 1.

If you have a question on the size, please post it here, and I'll address them individually.

Much like last year, the idea is to help those of us that normally paint VERY little, to start painting more.

You challenge begins...now!

And Our Mantra:

Participants:
      If your name is missing, or you believe your count is incorrect, please PM me. Please note: to make counts easier, you must post in the bi-monthly thread.

The objective:
      To paint 52+ minis throughout the course of the year via bi-monthly quota
      (each bi-monthly thread will have the quota listed as well as the master list)

What qualifies:
      Darn near anything!
      Reaper/non-reaper!
      Any material!
      Shelf of shame minis from ages long forgotten!
      Exchange minis!
      Speed paints!
      Armies! (Though I'd encourage perhaps something outside the army as well)
      Any Size!
      Based/unbased!
      Etc! (I think that covers everything)

Jan/Feb: 8: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78658-janfeb-rpchallenge/
      March/April: 9: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79997-marchapril-rpchallenge/
      May/June: 9 Oops.
      July/August: 9:
      Sept/Oct: 8:
      Nov/Dec: 9: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82946-end-of-year-rpchallenge-oct-nov-dec/

Again, I request that when tagging your posts, please use "RPChallenge" to help with locating minis from this.
    • By NomadZeke
      Pretty certain at this point I fell off the wagon got ran over by it, then chased it down and set it on fire (given the drought of these - explanation is in the chatter thread)

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78657-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2018-chatterquestions/
      All the information you need should be here.

Due to the delay, there is going to be a normal and hard challenge for each month.

Your challenge is: 13!

October Bonus: This is Halloween! - Paint a mini using only colors that have black, orange, and purple in the name. You may also use "Fresh Blood" and "Spectral White" as they are part of the monthly promotion.
      Hard mode: Jack-o-lantern's light - Paint a mini where the only source of light would be coming from inside a jack-o-lantern. Pumpkin may be part of the mini/base or sculpted

November Bonus: Festive feast - Since both US And Canada have their Thanksgiving in this time bracket - paint up a mini (figure or terrain) to have some food being presented
      Hard mode: Liquid Cheer - This can be done with the above - paint a mini where it's holding a drinking vessel - but paint it as though the mug were glass and you could see the drink inside from the sides (in theme - ale or wine is the best use)

December Bonus: Winter Solstice - To celebrate the shortest day of the year - paint a halfling or dwarf decked in wintry colors (think blues/grays/whites, maybe brown and a little bit of evergreen)
      Hard Mode: Gift wrapped - paint a mini with any inorganic parts (metal, cloth, etc) being done to resemble giftwrap - little candy canes, trees, text, stripes, etc - bows optional

Good luck

The game is made up and the points don't matter
    • By Clearman
      Haven't seen this one posted yet.

• Who's Online   32 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)