This is an old Ral Partha Shadowrun figure, now sold by Ironwind Metals as part of the set 20-568, Male and Female Bodyguards. We're using her for a Vampire: The Masquerade character.

I liked her Old School late 20th century futurism look.

There is very little actual black on her. Most of that is lots of other colors, mixed.

There is no WIP thread, but questions and comments are welcome.

DSC_0220.jpg.958fdcf59ac802164232888bae04f4c7.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg.a9b484d97d79827d2276e794f4f87fcf.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg.cd543fd37868a392a414b8d5d59a8ec8.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg.fc16ccfdf5cb13a0053cd284217e8b0d.jpg

DSC_0228-face-2.jpg.738ee722366b7d69cff7e5ad10571ef8.jpg

• Like 22

Good work on her; she seems like she could very easily fill quite a few different roles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redbeargc said:

Looks amazing. What size and type of brush do you use?

Most of my painting work is done with Winsor and Newton Sceptre Gold II brushes, Series 101, size 2. I use size 3 or 4 for priming and varnishing. At the moment I paint really fine details with either a Winsor and Newton Series 7 watercolor size 1 or a Raphaël Kolinsky Series 8404 size 1. I think I only needed to pull those out once or twice for this figure.

I also have some super cheap brushes I use for washes or coarse blending, for paint mixing, or for having on hand damp to “erase”mistakes quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      So an EDIT:  I changed up the photos and added one more different view because I took them from a slightly lower angle

So it looks like Frost Giants are all the rage these days on the forums, so I'll add one more, eventually two.  I have been watching Patrick Keith's frost giant queen ever since she came out on the Bones Kickstarter and got her not too long ago, but didn't feel that I could actually start on her until I got some of my older frost giant pieces out of the way. The first two on the docket are John Dennett's classic Frost Giants from the Grenadier's Giant's Club, where each giant set came with the piece of a map and an obelisk. I'm not sure if after collecting all these you were able to send them in for something?

Anyhoos, here is the female frost giant, one of my all time favorite figures. I'm working still on the male frost giant who is a little more labor intensive, but I'll get him finished one of these days hopefully soon.

and some of the face's close ups because I think I took the farther away photos from a higher angle which didn't quite capture the face.

One thing I've found out especially towards the end of this project is that super glue and tight spaces really don't match and I managed to get the snow around and in a few places where it shouldn't be, including over the left hand's fingernails, which I took painstaking time and effort to make nice, only to get them covered by snow.

The snow I used came from some modeling snow I had bought years ago. Up until now I'd been using baking soda for my snow effect, but I worried a bit that over the time it might yellow (time will tell I guess) and it would not look so nice in a few years. 

In case anybody's interested, here’s the WIP I've been working with:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81156-grenadier-frost-giants/
      where you can also see ongoing process on the male as well.

Anyhows, I hope you all enjoy taking a gander as much as I enjoyed painting her!

• By Chris Palmer
      This past week, I painted Kassandra of the Blade from the Bones 3 Core Set.   A couple weeks ago, I found myself painting up a Disney Monopoly Snow White figure to command a unit of Dwarf Miners (Long story you can read about here: Princess Snow), and I was really struck by the simple but effective primary color scheme of Snow White's outfit.  I immediately decided I wanted to paint a Bones female fighter figure with the same palette.

So, I pawed through my boxes of unpainted Bones, and fell upon Kassandra of the Blade as the most suitable of what I had.    The one thing I didn't like about her was the dual-wielding of swords.  So I decided to chop off her left hand and replace it before I started painting her.
            Then came the decision of what to replace it with.  I considered a shield for a while, then in looking through my box of Bones transplant donors I came across Sarah the Seeress, whose staff had gone to make my Highland Heroine into a Frostgrave Appentice, leaving her with just her left hand holding an orb of some sort. At first I thought, no, why would Snow White be holding a crystal ball; but then it hit me: paint it like an apple.      So it was an easy matter to cut off Kssandra's left hand at the wrist and glue on Sarah's hand with the orb.

And here's the final result.  I'm really happy with how it turned out, and probably it's one of the best faces I've done to date.

Fhttp://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2018/07/kassandra-of-blade-bones-3-figure.htmlull painting article on my blog:  
    • By 72moonglum
      Okey dokey, this one I finished this morning, an old knight from Ral Partha.  I think it's sculpted by Julie Guthrie, but not 100% sure.  My biggest problem was what to put on the shield, and my freehand is pretty rudimentary, sonot so perfectly sure how it came out.

Anyhow, hope you guys enjoy him.

• By 72moonglum
      Hi all,
      a figure I just finished yesterday (or so I thought).  This is the Ral Partha Town Constable, and I was kind of intrigued by him, as he isn't a very heroic or noble looking figure, he looks  a little bit lost, so I contacted Iron Wind and asked them if he was supposed to represent somebody and lo and behold, he is actually based on Tim Conway, and the figure at the time that was sold in his blister, a cowardly paladin, was based off of Don Knots. Who would have known?
      So I took these pictures yesterday quickly at lunch and posted them out where I usually do on Instagram, and as I looked at them, I noticed I had forgotten to paint something. So today's quiz is what did I forget to paint? To make it easier you can see it on the picture from behind.  Hopefully I don't get now 147 other things that I forgot to paint, but we'll see.

Anyhoos, enjoy and happy Independence day to all you gringos!
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)