Awesome!  I know youre new to the forum but have you been painting long?

Also I have to know where you got that base?  Did you make the whole thing?  What did you use for the bamboo?

Terrific work!

• Like 1

Thanks Necromancer.

As for my painting time ( I mean in a regular and more serious way ) I just started really to invest time like 3 months now , getting onto it with the help of the 2 layer and core set from reaper.

I did a bit painting long long year ago , when it was the grenadier , mithril and humbrol stuff :D

As for the base , I posted a photo of the process on my wip thread, but I used a compact foam / polyester board and cut the base and various elements to reproduce some stone things.

For the ground texture I am using Vallejo ground texture grey sand ( from their diorama effect series ) , grass and additional small stone are stuff from Wws Scenics.

The bamboo, I took that from a tree that I have around near beach, I don't know it name it look like pine tree and looking at it , it was really good fit to simulate bamboo look :)...sometimes you can find nice stuff by just looking around :D

after that just some paint , small dry brush and wash over the base.

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      The TerrainCrate set I got included a heap of Abandoned Mine stuff, including mine carts, mine cart tracks, pickaxes and shovels, Big Glowy Crystals, crates, barrels, debris, and some dynamite kegs. I'm introducing this to my Weird West game as the Lost Mines of Joaquin Carrasquillo. Joaquin (played by 50319, Olaf, Dwarf Gambler) knows *where* his mining concern is, but has recently lost control of it. Dug too greedily...an' too deep. Awoke summat dark down there, forgotten by th' people of the world above. (It's Grab-oids with the serial numbers filed off.)

Anyway, there's a lot of stuff to paint and here's the first installment! Tracks, mine carts, and equipment. The Crate came with three of each mining miniature. I gave the three mine carts slightly different colors (Rough Iron, cheap Gunmetal Grey, and a 50/50 mix of black and metallic pearl), and will probably rust the hell out of one of them. Two loads of coal; I'll need to do some research into silver ore before I paint the third cartload. 

Rack of mining equipment (needs a touchup and I should paint the lantern glass; also need to wash the wood with something dark)

and a bunch of tracks! These probably would have benefited from a more patient man doing the painting. There are a LOT of track pieces--at least six of each straight track bit and three each of the others. I don't think I'll revisit the creosote ties, but I might rust up some of those rails. Typhus Corrosion and a bit of reddish brown, at least. 

The Crate also came with a set of Dungeon Traps, which included this beautiful mad-science Big Chunky Switch. It seemed like exactly the sort of thing adventurers in an out-of-control mine cart barrelling towards an intersection might have to lasso/shoot so as to switch tracks from Certain Horrible Doom to Possible Unspecified Doom. 

• By Kelcore
      Ever since I was a kid, I've been crazy about Dinosaurs. I'm probably underselling that a bit. Regardless, my love for the creatures has carried over into adulthood. So, when Wizkids previewed this I was...apprehensive. Their preview image was taken at a less than flattering angle that really didn't show much of thw mini. Then they showed up in stores and  sure enough, the "mini" pretty much rules. 
      T-Rex has always been my favorite. Especially in a fantasy context. I was always amused when reading those old Marvel Conan comics when Conan and his sidekicks were harrowed by a dragon and the reveal of said "dragon" was actually a Tyrannosaurus. 
      Anyway, I've never had the opportunity to paint many Dinos since I took up this hobby. And I usually didn't like what options were out there. I'm really grateful that Wizkids released something cool AND affordable.

• By prophetic_joe
      The elusive WizKids Beholder. Love this guy.

• By Sanael
      Ok! The last weekend of my last show of 2018 is coming up, and the weather is turning cold, so I will have neither script nor sun to keep me from my desk during lunch. Which means I'll be painting!

As I did last year, I'll be keeping a series of WiP threads for my lunch session projects.

First up on the docket this year are three minis that are *this* close to being done already.

The first was my test for plaid for one of my lunch session threads last year. She's a Wizkids barmaid, and she just had a few finishing touches:

Also in the batch is another leftover from an old WiP, the Ral Partha Couatl. Mostly I just need to do the base on this one, but some touching up is necessary on the wings as well.

And finally is a modification of Reaper's Veronica Blaze. I swapped her weapons for lightsabers and gave her lekku a very long time ago, at least eight years. But this Jedi Twi'lek is ready for some quick and dirty OSL so I can call her done.

Here's the checklist of stuff for each.

• By MojoBob
      Here we have yet another of Reaper's plastic Bones miniatures, from one or other of the Kickstarters. I don't know the SKU. I've mounted it on a steel washer, and extended the base texture with Green Stuff.

He's a stout fellow, in every sense of the word, but I get the feeling he might be a bit of a bastard if you cross him.

This guy is painted as a more or less mediaeval European mendicant friar, though the weapon is one the Japanese call tetsubo, an iron-bound club-staff. It was notoriously used by some of the militant Japanese Buddhist monkish sects for killing people without (theoretically, though probably not actually) spilling their blood. There was one sect who carried their sacred bits and pieces in a casket into battle, and threw it into the enemy lines to inspire the monks to a fanatical frenzy to get it back. They were, let's face it, completely barmy.
  • Who's Online   41 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)