TheOldGuard

03748 Lich - Dark Heaven Legends

Very nice. I like the glowy rock and how it comes through his fingers.

Where did you source the plants?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Very nice!

Many thanks!

28 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Very nice. I like the glowy rock and how it comes through his fingers.

Where did you source the plants?

Thank you!

The plants are "Barbed Bracken" by Citadel/Games Workshop.

• Thanks 1

very nice work , the highlight really make it stand out

• Like 1

Beautifully painted lich! The vibrancy to the colors are just... holy cow! Every part of it is excellent but I have to give extra praise for his face and the gold. He looks like the litch that destroyed Christmas. ::P:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Very nice indeed! The armour, robes and base are all very neatly done.

Thank you, he was a lovely mini to paint. Really enjoyed it.

20 hours ago, Saul said:

i love this.

Thanks, that's very kind of you!

19 hours ago, giyomuSan said:

cool work, good job on the robe, very nicely done

Thank you, I tried to keep his robes looking ancient & faded but still vibrant.

17 hours ago, Tjrez said:

very nice work , the highlight really make it stand out

Thank you!

15 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Beautifully painted lich! The vibrancy to the colors are just... holy cow! Every part of it is excellent but I have to give extra praise for his face and the gold. He looks like the litch that destroyed Christmas. ::P:

Thank you, he's asked me to wish you a belated "Merry Hexmas!".....(Ahem). :lol:

14 hours ago, DavePgh said:

Awesome Lich! The glowing eyes, amulet & staff are really nice!

Thanks! I imagined that the business end of his staff was forcebly removed obtained from one of "Cadirith's" spidery spawnlings.

4 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I really love the contrast you achieved on this one!  Great work!

Thanks! With a lot of my minis (this one included) I tend to start with a black basecoat & work my way up with the colours & don't go too light with the final highlight.

26 minutes ago, Othikent said:

Great work!

Many thanks!

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Here's my 2018 Ghoulie Bag translucent smoky grey 77636, Death Shroud. I simply did a blueish highlight and painted the base on this Dark Heaven Bones model sculpted by Julie Guthrie.      
    • By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here's a simple paint job on a translucent version of 77096, Labella DeMornay. This model was sculpted by Julie Guthrie. I painted it with green ink and acrylics.    
    • By Lord of the Dish Pit
      These guys were a nice excuse to paint up some undead that weren't bound to the usual colors. I figure that they're a group of adventurers that got hired to take out Selmarina, (who is the only dedicated evil witch I've painted thus far). They got as far as taking down her Minotaur bodyguard before she "reprimanded, reeducated, and reanimated" them. Now they serve as champions in the Pumpkin Legions...

I was inspired by artwork of the Crimson King from Stephan King's Dark Tower with this guy. Obviously he was the wizard of the party before things went sideways.

Live, dead, when you're one of Selmarina's minions she still expects you to do your job. Employment security I suppose...

I tried very hard to avoid making this one resemble Legolas. So I went with an Autumn inspired scheme, which I'll probably run with when it comes time to paint the few other living elves I've got laying around somewhere. 

Greens and Browns are usually more elven type colors, but I wanted to keep this one as far as possible from both the red browns of Gimli and the usual colors of the Coffee Dwarves. 

I see some flock got stuck to his axe, I should probably fix that...

Even death cannot stop the hunger of the average Halfling. He may prefer flesh to taters now but that doesn't mean the mushrooms are safe...

• By Crowley
      The painting theme of the month has been chosen! The Undead of October will emerge from their (freshly painted) graves The miniatures have been selected… Here’s what's on the painting table:

9 Bones Skeletons (from Bones 2)
      6 Undying (Death, minotaur, lizardman, elf, halfling, & dwarf skeletons from Bones 3)
      Bone Fiend (Bones 2)
      4 mummies (Bones 2)
      Hecklemeyer & Styx (25th Anniversary mini)
      Dust King & Tomb (Bones 3)
      Demi-Lich (Bones 2)
      3 Nefsokar mummies (Bones 1)

26 (or 28 if you count the broken tomb and the tiny puppet) minis, in 31 days? Less if you count the vacation in the middle of the month… Plus one day since I started on the last day of September. Granted, the skeletons should all go really quickly, but even still, it’ll be a push to get it done, but this would push me over 100 minis for 2018… 

Since everything is already lined with brown liner, the plan is:
      Dirty Bone on all the bone and mummy wrapping!
      Scorched Metal all the armor and weapons 
      Heavy Sepia Wash pretty much everything
      Highlights

Special Minis:
      Demi-Lich - Thinking green/purple flames?
      Hecklemeyer - Black & White costume? Black, White, & Red?
      Nefsokar mummies - Lots of gold and bronze. 
      Dust King - Seriously tempted to paint it up like the ice lich from Warcraft… 

As for their bases? That’s a little more work. The skeletons, bone fiend, and maybe the dust king will get bases to match the flocking on the tombstones. The demi-lich and hecklemeyer will probably get some sort of sculpted flagstone base. The mummies? Haven’t decided. Seriously tempted to give them dungeon flagstone bases too… 

Okay, so it’s really unlikely I’ll finish all of these in October, but maybe by November? 
    • By Silvervane
      I finally got around to taking photo's of MuuMuu.  I got her orgianlly as a possible bonus figure for modern Zombicide.  Never got around to painting her before getting sucked into black plague.  So I decided to finisher up.  Here is MuuMuu:

Thanks for any looking and any C&C you feel like giving.
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)