Sign in to follow this  
Marc

Resin Bases (Dark Art Miniatures, Elrik's Hobbies, etc.)

Hey everyone

I asked recently in another thread about the resin bases from Secret Weapon Miniatures and it sounds like folks that have used them give them a big thumbs up

I'm curious about some of the other companies out there that make similar resin bases - I've seen some good reviews of Dark Art Miniatures,  and Elrik's Hobbies,. Anyone have experience with bases from either of these outfits? Are there any other places that make cool cast resin bases?

Thanks!

Edited by Marc

The only nice resin bases I've used are from Secret Weapon. They're definitely nice. The only other heavily decorative bases I have are from the "Cool Mini or Not Base System". They used the Micro Art Studio bases to make them and came out through a KS. Unfortunately, most of them are out of stock at the moment.

• Like 1

The people behind MicroArts went through some kind of a split up several years ago, at which time most if not all of their bases were redesigned.

I only have their bases from before the split up, but they were very nicely sculpted and cast, although I found some designs a bit too "busy" to easily put a mini on.

• Like 2

I use  resin bases from Micro-Art Studios, Secret Weapon, Table-Top Art and some others I can't recall the name off right now.

The Micro-Art and Table Top Art bases are top notch.

I use them in my Lost World Project, one type is Jungle the other Dark Lizard City bases, so I mix them for that project.

Clean, crisp detail, I haven found a bubble or gap yet.

• Like 3

Fenris Games is worth a look.  I only own a few of their bases myself, but I like what I've seen of them.

• Like 1