If you can resurrect, then I'd go with the kinetic bombardment method and sift through the rubble for the corpse of your rescue target. Resurrection counts as saving, right?

Or you could go the distress beacon trap route and hope that they're of the same mind as Rick.

• Haha 1

I don't think resurrection would work so well... we don't even know who we're supposed to be helping :lol: 

Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas ^_^ you guys have really helped. I'll let you know what we end up doing. Assuming we don't die :lol: 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

find an annoying fast reproducing critter. load several into torpedoes. then Giant Space Hamster bomb them.

FTFY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:
18 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

find an annoying fast reproducing critter. load several into torpedoes. then Giant Space Hamster bomb them.

FTFY

GO FOR THE EYES, BOO!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Unruly said:

GO FOR THE EYES, BOO!

Space hamsters, the distant relatives of the murderously cute bunny rabbit.  Yes, that cute fluffy one in Monty Pythons and the holy grail that so wouldn't hurt a soul and oh gawds it's going for that guy's throat... 

Alternate suggestion is space ferrets, because once they get in somewhere I sure hope your wiring is sturdy, and encased, because those guys will chew on anything...  Or give it a soft tug, or scratch it, or... 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      So these are a couple of "mantis warriors" which I'm painting up as thri-kreen, the insectoid race from the Dark Sun and Spelljammer D&D settings.  They are Reaper's 03552: Klichik, Mantis Warrior (the taller one), sculpted by John Winter, and 03142: Zizzix, Mantis Warrior (the squatter one), sculpted by Michael Brower.

Here they are for scale (and unassembled) with Reaper's 03155: Vandora Waverunner, Pirate, sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

Straight out of the package they have a very flat silhouette.

Here they are assembled, primed, and washed with thinned-down Burnt Umber.  I gently bent some of their limbs forward to ease the flatness a tad.

One source said all thri-kreen were golden brown; another said they were earthy shades of red, yellow, and sometimes green.  I decided to paint the taller one red and the shorter one yellow.

I mixed some dull, opaque colors using Iron Oxide Red and Yellow, each mixed with a greying-down blend of browns and white, and brushed them on thinly.

As god is my witness, this thing is not so pink in real life.

I painted this same yellow on both of the creatures' bases.

Then I washed over them with some thinned-down Burnt Umber.

To be continued!
    • By Pingo
      This was originally a birthday present last year, a fairly simple German resin ship kit for a medieval-style cog.

Since I was playing a Githyanki in Dungeons and Dragons at the time, I modeled, painted, and sewed the vessel up into a more or less spelljammer, since named Black Moon's Bane from events in the game.

There is a fairly detailed Work-in-Progress thread for this ship, if anyone has questions about materials or techniques. Or you can ask here; that's fine.

A list of materials: Resin ship's hull model, wooden dowels, bamboo chopsticks, bamboo kitchen skewers, acrylic paint, brass wire, silk organza, silk taffeta, wooden furniture peg, jewelry findings (barrel clasps, jump rings), jewelers chain, metal necklace charms, glass seed beads, waxed linen bookbinder's thread, waxed linen carpet warp, silk buttonhole thread, cotton twine, metallic polyester yarn, nylon cord, screw eyes, 1/2" zinc fender washer, various glues

The bowsprit (left) is a bamboo chopstick painted and wrapped with brass wire. The hatch on the deck (right) looks down over a forested landscape.

The ship's rails are painted with (imaginary) red runes on black, then washed over thinly with silver metallic paint. From some angles the rails look silver and the runes are invisible. From others they show clearly.

The ship's wheel (visible at the upper deck on the stern) is a charm bracelet charm with the hanging loop filed off. I nailed and glued it to the post (made from a furniture peg) so that it spins freely. It is mounted on a small fender washer so it can be moved around the ship. The runes around the door to belowdecks are imaginary.

I may think of more stuff to say later. Right now I'm a little dazed.
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)