pedronunesv

Nightwalker Miniature

Well, some monsters that I love from D&D 3rd edition are back with Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. So now I need a huge Nightwalker miniature, do you guys have any suggestion? The only one I know is #72 Giants of Legend D&D Miniature.

It could be a huge slender demon miniature. Using a bit of greenstuff wouldn't hurt.

Truthfully, if you're willing to bust out the greenstuff, I'd just look for a 4-inch superhero or alien action figure with a lot of articulation points and not a lot of molded surface detail on it...  A little bit of glue and gap-filling on the joints, pin it to a base, and your action figure becomes a mini.

• Like 1

Wow, the old Giants of Legend one is only going for about $8.  That's not bad for one that's been out of print so long.  It should be easily repaintable if that's a concern.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

Wow, the old Giants of Legend one is only going for about $8.  That's not bad for one that's been out of print so long.  It should be easily repaintable if that's a concern.

There is probably a reason why it's that cheap. It's a goofy mini. I remember back when I opened boosters at the local card shop & opened 2 GoL boxes one day (among many that I did open back when). The big mini I got in each was the Nightwalker. SIGH........

@pedronunesv If you want one, let me know by PM. At least I think I still have 'em of course. It's been awhile, but I know I'll never use em even with it being converted over for 5e. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, haldir said:

There is probably a reason why it's that cheap. It's a goofy mini. I remember back when I opened boosters at the local card shop & opened 2 GoL boxes one day (among many that I did open back when). The big mini I got in each was the Nightwalker. SIGH........

@pedronunesv If you want one, let me know by PM. At least I think I still have 'em of course. It's been awhile, but I know I'll never use em even with it being converted over for 5e. 

It’s not that it is goofy looking, it’s that it was really common (plenty of goofy looking rarer figures go for more).

I think we may have two of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

For a named character type for a Nightwalker -

03086_G.jpg

The Auld Grump

Great idea, I own and love this miniature, but would like it to be bigger for a nightwalker, at least the height of Bones 3/4 giants.

The Giants of Legend one is my plan B at the moment. I was thinking maybe converting a ruler of Hell from Bones 4?