SamuraiJack

Mythic Battles: Pantheon 1.5

About

4b5bebb76475cbfad4acb6b705a1a4d9_origina
0d7431dd2a334e6ccdc1ecb4fd73781f_origina

All pledge levels will be available in both English and French. You’ll not have to choose your language as the products include both languages.

Tous les niveaux de pledge seront disponibles en français et en anglais. Vous n'aurez pas à choisir votre langue car tous les produits incluront les deux langues.

ee799ad165f2a3b4376b59fe817a9f45_origina
This pledge level includes all the available products from Mythic Battles except the sleeve card packs. This pledge level includes all the available products from Mythic Battles except the sleeve card packs.
5d4b4fbc173011e17e777910cb8549f0_origina
d9446a484da54f7d53294d83df020f0b_origina

Dang there are a couple minis in there that I really like!  But alas I am still waiting for LoW and of course Limbo so I have to sit this one out. 

The ones I do like though are Persephone, Atlas, dude on Pegasus, Icarus and Athena.  I don't know about Atlas but I think Reaper sells some minis close to the other ones I listed so maybe I'll just grab them. 

I've put it on remind.

Was really disappointed I missed it the first time, but I don't think I'll be able to get in on this one either. 

can I just say that these minis are without a doubt the best PVC minis I have had the pleasure of owning. Or even seen elsewhere. They are that good. I have the original set with many expansions, and am getting the new stuff this time round.

Of course, many of the infantry-size minis suffer a bit from "one piece casting" poses, but the gods and monsters... :wow:

• Like 1

I'd like to get in on this one, but since I've been waiting months for all the stuff they didn't ship (and absolutely no idea when they will get shipped), I'm actually leaning toward just selling the game and being done with Monolith.

The game itself is rather fun.  But primarily a 2-player game - despite having options for 3/4 player games.

Edited by Dan d'Lyon

5 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I'd like to get in on this one, but since I've been waiting months for all the stuff they didn't ship (and absolutely no idea when they will get shipped), I'm actually leaning toward just selling the game and being done with Monolith.

The game itself is rather fun.  But primarily a 2-player game - despite having options for 3/4 player games.

I have a friend that went all-in on the first campaign, but sold it off due to frustration with Monolith before he even got it. He said he wasn't a fan of the gameplay videos and how Monolith was dealing with things. I haven't had a chance to delve further into that at all. It is interesting that you mention it being fun, though. It has me tempted to seek out gameplay videos, but honestly the frustration with the company has me more than a little hesitant.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Talae said:

I have a friend that went all-in on the first campaign, but sold it off due to frustration with Monolith before he even got it. He said he wasn't a fan of the gameplay videos and how Monolith was dealing with things. I haven't had a chance to delve further into that at all. It is interesting that you mention it being fun, though. It has me tempted to seek out gameplay videos, but honestly the frustration with the company has me more than a little hesitant.

So, let me define "fun" a little more.  Effectively, the game comes down to luck of the draw on getting the cards you need/want in order to activate the unit(s) you want to.  But at the same time, you can't be too aggressive in playing cards out of your hand or you then end up with only being able to draw and play a single card each turn.  That can be desperately frustrating.  The mechanics themselves are easy enough, but as normal these days there are a plethora of special abilities to try and keep straight.  You'll also need a fairly sizable table to put the board and all the unit dashboards out.  I don't think it's any bigger than Chthulu Wars though..

If I remember correctly, human units are approximately 30/32mm.  The monsters and gods can be MUCH larger, of course.

As for my personal frustration, I'm missing somehere around 8 items from my pledge.  I contacted the fulfillment center in February and we got everything logged.  Followed up in late March...got a canned response about how they had the request and it would be processed.  Contacted Monolith directly in late April - no response, but I did get an email from Funagain stating that they were closing up shop and to contact Monolith directly.  An hour later I got another email from Funagain stating that they were, in fact, still handling distribution.  All went silent for about 10 days - when I got another email from Funagain stating that they were no longer handling fulfillment.  A few days later Monolith finally acknowledged it in a KS update and stated that ShipNaked would be handling the rest of the fulfillment (for North America and Japan, anyway).  And that's where we stand.  No idea when I'll actually get those missing (and 1 damaged) items.  My suspicion is that they won't be coming until they get everything reprinted as part of this 1.5 campaign.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

That doesn't sound like something I want to be a part of...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Asuranshadow said:

I am also concerned how the split with Mythic Games plays into their production options for this round.

Agreed.  And honestly, Batman was a re-skinned version of Conan.  This is a reboot of something that they haven't even completely fulfilled from the first time. And the new models just aren't grabbing me.  And actually, I had a chat with a friend last night and decided that this game is much more about the minis than it is about the gameplay.  Not to mention that it takes up a ton of storage space.  So, off to ebay it will go.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

Agreed.  And honestly, Batman was a re-skinned version of Conan.  This is a reboot of something that they haven't even completely fulfilled from the first time. And the new models just aren't grabbing me.  And actually, I had a chat with a friend last night and decided that this game is much more about the minis than it is about the gameplay.  Not to mention that it takes up a ton of storage space.  So, off to ebay it will go.

Nail meet coffin.

Might many of the problems outlined above have to do with the american shipping partner more than anything else? My own experience with fulfilment of this game is good, but I am in Norway, and so have had to do with the European Pilibert. 

I got the main shipment which sadly was missing the "rise of the titans" expansion and a single hellhound from the core box. So I sent a missing items claim to Philibert via the link provided. The forms to fill out were a bit draconic but I do understand why as it reduces the possibility of misunderstanings drastically.

Maybe a week or two went by, I got a "please confirm" email which I replied to, and a week or so after that I got the missing items and fulfilment was complete. So that is a plus in my book. Sorry to hear about others having problems here.

anyway, I am in it for the lovely, lovely minis, and cannot comment on the gameplay.

• Like 2