Really great piece! I really love the basing, the tree is so cool, and the figures are very dynamic together. My only critique would be that because the green grass/moss on your base is so saturated your figures are struggling to grab and keep attention. This is especially true of the orc because he is himself also green. Some ideas for how you might bring the attention back where you want it would be to lightly airbrush the terrain around the figures (the furthest out) with a dark blue. This would result in a more vignette effect and would keep the highest points of contrast on the action. Alternatively you could go back in on the figures and punch up the contrast directly on them which would keep them the most visually striking portion of your composition. I'm sure there are more ways to resolve this issue but those are some ideas I had. The scene is so cool and you've done an excellent job so far, can't wait to see how it turns out!

• Thanks 1

@Rainbow Sculptor

Thanks, I forget to put the link of the show off here :

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81432-aow-vignette-orc-vs-barbarian/

Thanks for the advice, was my very first vignette of that size and I agree with that orc not showing through much ( I could argue it is because he have a camouflage clothes haha ).

That something I may have to think ahead for next stuff, either arrange the element so they do not mix up too much with figure color or just plan ahead the base overall tone and figures

I read the orc blending into the terrain as an intentional choice to imply he's some form of a druid or naturalist. 

I love how vibrant your basing colors are.  I know in painting 2d, you can bring focus to a point by de-saturating your focus instead of de-saturating your background.   I wonder if the same thing would work in a vignette?   Something I hadn't considered before seeing this piece.

Great piece, certainly much better than I could do!

2 hours ago, emmagine said:

I read the orc blending into the terrain as an intentional choice to imply he's some form of a druid or naturalist. 

I love how vibrant your basing colors are.  I know in painting 2d, you can bring focus to a point by de-saturating your focus instead of de-saturating your background.   I wonder if the same thing would work in a vignette?   Something I hadn't considered before seeing this piece.

Great piece, certainly much better than I could do!

That's actually not true. Even in traditional drawing/painting you will never draw attention by having less saturation or contrast. You can use either technique or both to great effect on your focal point but in order to draw the eye you need something eye catching. 

• Like 1