Mckenna35

Timaze: D20 Dice

Wow, those are pricy.  Pretty, but pricy. 

Wish they would stop calling it CNC Molding though, since it's actually CNC Milling that's being done... :p

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Wish they would stop calling it CNC Molding though, since it's actually CNC Milling that's being done... :p

Forgive the dumb question, what does the CNC part stand for?

2 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Computer Numerical Control.

15 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Given what it takes to work with the stuff, I was surprised that the Titanium was NOT the most expensive option!

3 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

It isn't a dumb question at all :) 

3 hours ago, Mckenna35 said:

Computer Numerical Control.

Given what it takes to work with the stuff, I was surprised that the Titanium was NOT the most expensive option!

I didn't realize it was hard to work with but it would make sense, seeing that you can have it permanently get colour distortions with "relative ease" through various means.  It's also stupidly expensive in thee first place because of its unique properties. 

I'm surprised silver is even offered, most of the other metals are at least reasonably hard, but... Silver?  Not used to seeing silver as an option for something that will see regular wear and tear.. 

48 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

It isn't a dumb question at all :) 

I didn't realize it was hard to work with but it would make sense, seeing that you can have it permanently get colour distortions with "relative ease" through various means.  It's also stupidly expensive in thee first place because of its unique properties. 

I'm surprised silver is even offered, most of the other metals are at least reasonably hard, but... Silver?  Not used to seeing silver as an option for something that will see regular wear and tear.. 

The silver just gains more character over time ^_^

• Haha 2

The thing that bothers me about this, even though the creator has several small successful kickstarters behind them, is that there is no information about the company or where production is taking place.

The projects location says it's here in Vancouver Canada, but the project creator is in Winnipeg, yet whomever wrote the kickstarters text obviously does not have English as their first language.

This reminds me of other kickstarters Ive seen where it's turned out the creator is simply importing already existing product from china and promoting it on kickstarter as something new.

Even without the high prices this would be an easy pass for me.

• Like 3

The day I pay $300 for a single die is the day I officially have too much money and need to start a foundation to feed or house the homeless. 

Sheesh!  If anyone cares or thinks this is an investment, its approximately a 1000% markup on the price of the raw silver.  Its also very easy to work...

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now