Lt. Coldfire

03500: Mason Thornwarden, Ranger

The awesome just keeps on coming. Beautiful paint job on this guy from top to bottom.

This guy has such unusual armor on his legs and left arm. Then there's that quiver. Into the cart he goes. 

• Like 1

Amazing job!  Looks like you've Photoshopped a base onto a real person!

You didn't did you?  ::D:

• Like 1

Oh, drat. I just started painting this mini; now I have this for comparison! ::o: Well, maybe I can use it as inspiration. :winkthumbs:

Edited by Lostbug
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By korimar
      Darksword Miniatures Otter Ranger with Bow DSM8089 by Dave Summers

• By Pingo
      So while I was shopping at Ral Partha Europe (not the same as Ral Partha), I spotted some figures from Das Schwarze Auge which looked kind of nice in an Old School sort of way.

Das Schwarze Auge was apparently Germany's answer to D&D in the 1980s. It was (might still be) quite popular there.

I don't know the history of the figures.

This is Das Schwarze Auge 15500F, "Female Elf Ranger". I have been thinking of her as "Plains Elf".

I started this figure a while back, keeping it at the back of my painting table and adding bits as I painted other things.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I already painted her face before I took a picture.

• By Cyradis
      Alright, so the moss came in and did brighten her up. Now she has happy autumn instead of dark autumn. The lights were getting dim but I had to take some photos anyway! I might update them another time. 

The colors chosen are based off real colors in actual peacocks, even the spotted sash (upper wing near shoulder) and yellow cloak (legs) and the hair (more wing colors). 

The tall grass is made of real peacock feathers that I snipped and glued together. I wanted her to be going between some fantastic brush on a rocky hillside. One of the feather pieces got stuck under her arm for photos... and by the time I noticed my sunlight was gone. The flowers are from I think Floranatur? Something like that. The rock is first painted as a gneiss, then drizzled in schist dust, with actual garnets glued in as cobbles, then they got mossed a bit. Not too shabby for first real basing batch?

I intend to do a "how to peacock feathers" when 1) I get the energy to do another cloak in peacock feathers, 2) empty out my wet palette, and 3) pick a figure for it. I'll also be taking @Clever Crow's advice and increasing the contrast per feather next time. 

Enough blather - you all just want pictures! 

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)