Geoff Davis

02476: Lorna the Huntress

1 hour ago, paintybeard said:

Nice, but she doesn't quite seem to have got the hang of wearing a kilt...

That's because it is a trophy, she took it from the guy she defeated.

Awesome job!

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, paintybeard said:

Nice, but she doesn't quite seem to have got the hang of wearing a kilt...

Nope, she's the original Hipster. 

Just look, flannel shirt and a long beard...   

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

@Geoff DavisI am quite amazed by the progress you made in such a short time. At least it feels like it. Great work! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks very much.  I have been painting miniatures for a very long time (I started in 1979) but I have really only progressed in the last couple of years.  I'm recently retired so I finally have the time to dedicate to it.  Most importantly, over the last 6 months participating on this forum I feel like I have levelled up several times over.  Access to advice, supportive comments and seeing the fantastic work of painters on this forum have all made a huge difference.  I feel lucky to have found this community.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Geoff Davis said:

Thanks very much.  I have been painting miniatures for a very long time (I started in 1979) but I have really only progressed in the last couple of years.  I'm recently retired so I finally have the time to dedicate to it.  Most importantly, over the last 6 months participating on this forum I feel like I have levelled up several times over.  Access to advice, supportive comments and seeing the fantastic work of painters on this forum have all made a huge difference.  I feel lucky to have found this community.

Congratulations on doing something so positive with your retirement, a great example to us all.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Echoside_
      So my girl ( @Zanderina) and I got into this wonderful hobby together, and we've developed a few tricks and styles our own.  Well yesterday I was told my style is very dark and 'Earthy'.  No offense taken, but it hit me I do need to extend my color pallet choices.  This lead to a small challenge between us, as we're apparently very competitive with each other.  We'd pick out our model to be done next, and the other person would pick the paints to use.

My model choice was Hosilla (#60172), and received the following Reaper paints to use:
      Dragon Red (9401), Cats Eye Green (9414), Bleached Linen (9436), Punk Rock Pink (9286), Leather White (9062), Honed Steel (9053), Ginger Cookie (9659), Cursed Gold (9464), Kobold Scale (9458), Golden Blonde (9033), Tusk Ivory (29825), & Black Indigo (9603)

Her choice of model was the Arcanamirim Wizard (#60135), and I gave her the following paints:
      Old Bronze (9197), Dungeon Slime (9415), Solid White (29842), Chestnut Brown (9071), Sunrise Orange (9406), Wilderness Green (9411), Stark Naked (9682), Harvert Brown (9200), Goblin Skin (9457), Ashen Blue (9057), & Khaki Highlight (9123)

Over the next couple weeks we will be posting up the WiP pics and hope to get feedback as we go.  Let the fun begin!!
    • By Kangaroorex
      Well he's safely delivered now so I can show off.  I was requested to do something fantasy with no modern or sci fi so with dragonman becoming popular in 5thed I thought I would go a little scally . I started off with the miniature on a stone base but I had a spare grippli from another project so I added an overbase and a second figure and called the whole thing.  I am rather proud of this one.  A lot of the elements are subtle until you notice them, and I like the little grippli with his speaking trumpet and bright livery.  You can tell he's had to deal with big persons before!

Hey you; down here!

Enjoy

• By Consequence
      I got a camera to take better pictures of some of the miniatures I've been painting. I hope my GM can use them!

• By Crowley
      Following the conclusion of Storm King's Thunder, our group has started The Curse of Strahd, and I decided to play a thief. Going through my collection of minis, the River Widow mini from ReaperCon called out to me. As usual, after cleaning the few bits of flash and mold lines, I paused... How did I want to base her. I've made extensive use of the Ruined Temple Courtyard stamp from Happy Seppuku... but for this game I decided that I was going to use the Fishscale brick pattern which I'd picked up during their Black Friday sale. I clipped the tab connecting her feet, leaving only 2 spikes from each foot to anchor her into the greenstuff. 

Once the greenstuff had cured, I glued her in place, and after waiting for the superglue to dry, I primed her with Reaper's Brown Liner. I then immediately tackled her eyes, trying to mirror what Derek did on his.  Seriously check this out, it's amazing... 

So... I didn't quite achieve this, but it's probably the closest I've ever managed. Also I don't have a camera (or the skill) to capture a pic of this quality. 

I basecoated her flesh with Ruddy Flesh, and then used Tanned Shadow on top of that. The bodice is based with Rich Indigo with Burgundy Wine over it. Her hair and lips are Auburn Shadow. 

So far, so good, but I've got a lot more work to go. 

• By Lidless Eye
      Among my first finished minis of 2019 (finished in, some started...well, this century), a lot didn't fit into any category.  Here's the random ones.

The Ladies (mostly Reaper) 

60036: Visbaronetess Delour Aulamaxa

03845: Mina Splinterheart - River Widows Captain

07012: Dungeon Dwellers: Caerindra Thistlemoor

03061: Anushka, Female Fighter

I now realize this is a Warmachine Pirate, not Reaper...but she snuck into the group shot already!

The Jason Wiebe tribute miniature, "Johann Rumbleguts".  I only noticed the missing part of the base in the photos...time for new glasses.

50268: Bill Foster, Lumberjack

A very strange miniature, 02044: Cadwalon.  He's supposedly an ugly human but he's Halfling sized!

And trailing far behind with all the equipment for these weirdos, the simple Pack Mule

• Who's Online   44 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)