Bathory

Jason Voorhees- Black Heart Models Bust (Nintendo style)

1 hour ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Mad props! I really like the aesthetic, but I'm surprised he isn't a little dirty considering the condition of his skin and clothes. 

It’s based off the Nintendo colors not the movie design 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Creepy, but great technique. Intrigued by the background.

Thanks! It’s just scrapbook paper from a Halloween clearance sale at Michaels. I like the paper for silly backdrops. 

• Like 3

On 6/11/2018 at 1:17 PM, pinkymadigan said:

That game was tough.

It sure was.

Great work on him, Bathory!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bluecrowlaura
      Okay, so I may never go back to painting 30 mm...! JK, but I did seriously enjoy painting this bust. It's my first, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

It's Joaquin Palacios' "Drogor" and it was also my first attempt at using the airbrush. I used it to do a shaded basecoat, and then brushed the rest using a combination of Vallejo, Master Series, and Golden acrylic paints. I wanted a strong directional light source, and I think I achieved it fairly well (comments and tips are much appreciated.) Given my 2D painting background, I use glazes pretty heavily, as you can probably tell.

Anyone know of a domestic source for nice wood bases? I've ordered a few from Sockelmacher, but they will take sooo looong to get here. This is just a chunk of balsa I used to paint on and he needs something nicer. 

Happy painting!
      Laura

• By Mckenna35
      Sunshine figure Bust Kickstarter is live:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sunshinefigures/girls-girls-girls-1?ref=discovery&term=SUNSHINE FIGURES

I'll probably back for a couple.  Sucks being broke!
    • By Cyradis
      A certain platypus managed to snag a Maiden Bust on my behalf.

I love the sculpt. The casting is... meh. Sorry Reaper, metal is working better for you than resin. The resin had funky tiny chunks on parts, edge of the hand and rose are odd, and lips are a little rough on the edges. Mostly rough edges. I cleaned what I could, and am using gloss varnish on other odd bits to smooth them, but I can't get it all. 

But in the slightly funky surface, I saw an opportunity. What if she wasn't quite a maiden? What if she was kinda... dead? Not all the way dead. Just becoming dead or undead, as if from a curse. And the rose is the only thing holding the curse at bay. 

So maybe Cyr is crazy. Maybe Cyr is going to paint something awesome. 

So far she has gray primer, dabs of gloss varnish, eyes, maiden flesh on one side, dusky flesh on the other, and a base coated rose. 

Her live area will be blonde. Her dead side will have "white" hair, and a blackish rose. 

The dusky skin and the vallejo nocturna white flesh are amazingly similar in tone, but very different in feel. Right now the difference is subtle, but as I shade it, the live side will get more rosy and warm, while the dead side will become more gaunt and sullen, like a starving vampire. 

At least... that's the plan. 

Think I can pull it off?

• By Mckenna35
      9th gate Miniatures presents Collection of Mysterious Miniature Models of Pirates Busts Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/9gateminiatures/collection-of-mysterious-miniature-models-of-pirat?ref=user_menu

Lots of busts based on a certain Disney Pirate movie...

:)
    • By Cyradis
      I began this bust last week. I preshaded as a guide then proceeded to cover it all up. My lighting scheme is supposed to be "bright from above and slightly into face". 

I am kinda at the point where I can keep tweaking the face, but I think I should let it rest and work on the neck and chest instead for a while. Eyebrows and deer-nose and lips still need shading and work though. Most work has been on the skin. 

In roughly sequential order....

I think I may have overdone the shadows but I will decide if I should go back to fix that up later. 

• Who's Online   44 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)