Bathory

Jason Voorhees- Black Heart Models Bust (Nintendo style)

1 hour ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Mad props! I really like the aesthetic, but I'm surprised he isn't a little dirty considering the condition of his skin and clothes. 

It’s based off the Nintendo colors not the movie design 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Creepy, but great technique. Intrigued by the background.

Thanks! It’s just scrapbook paper from a Halloween clearance sale at Michaels. I like the paper for silly backdrops. 

• Like 3

On 6/11/2018 at 1:17 PM, pinkymadigan said:

That game was tough.

It sure was.

Great work on him, Bathory!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Time to paint another bust.
      This one is from El Greco 1:12th scale and comes in a nice tin.

A depiction of a seasoned Crusader.
      I will paint him as a Knight Hospitaller instead of the often seen Knight Templars.

This means mine will have a Black Cape, A Red Surcoat and a White Cross.

• By Glitterwolf
      This is an awesome sculpted bust by Creepytables Miniatures.
      I painted her in a DIas de Muertos style with a Diamond Back Rattlesnake.
      Did the skulls on the plinth as sugarskulls/luchador style skulls

• By Paradoxical Mouse
      So, I'm back. And I decided I needed to paint lots of skin. Recently watched the painting DVDs from Dark Sword, specifically the Marike ones. So I'm going to be trying to practice glazing.

Note: I know this bust won't be perfect. But this is me attempting to improve, so all advice and comments are appreciated!

Moving on, here is the bust in question, the beautiful maiden bust from Reapercon 2018. 

And here is my progress this far:

So, I wanted to post this because it is relevant to the blending I'm doing. This is from the class I took from @Corporea last reapercon, with some blending with glazes attempted. 

I hadn't got this right at the con, and would love for that progress to be checked on here! I'm going for high contrast, but not as high as here, so I thought this would be a better way to get some judgement on blending.

I seem to be losing a lot of contrast in the process, and would like some advice on what I might be doing wrong. 
    • By Mckenna35
      Some pretty good deals in the early bird specials:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/399883540/orc-warband-collectors-by-yedharo-and-gt-studio-cr

Offering 30mm, 70mm, Busts and 1/10 () Scale figures.  Something for everyone!  

I got the early bird 4 bust deal.  FWIW I have some of their earlier figures and they've been very good quality.
    • By Painting Miniatures
      I plan on posting something a little more friendly looking very shortly. coughwyrmgeardragoncough but in the mean time I painted this for fun and practice!

Also would take some advice on dealing with small details like a face. On this miniature it was nearly impossible to just paint specific details of the face without smooshing the entire face with paint. I'd wanted to give the figure blood red eyes. That didn't work out and I ended up painting over the face in white to start over again.

I do overall like how this miniature turned out. The bones aren't crispy perfect white, the clothes look like a creature that's been walking through mud and dirt for a long time. Didn't know how to paint the base so I went with some of my extra black wash which worked out as it sort of made it look like it was standing on bone.

Tried a new technique on the scythe. I did the base coat as filigree silver, then I did a paint of dragons blood red, then when that dried i went over it again with the black wash to give it this dried blood effect. A technique that is probably standard but one I personally just learned by experimenting!

• Who's Online   36 Members, 1 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)