Very nice. Much smoother blends, crisp, well-defined edges, pretty good highlights and shadows.

Do the colors you're seeing on the mini match those in the photos? (Things are looking a bit blue to me, which might be the result of daylight-balanced lights with an indoor/incandescent color temperature setting, but the effect might be exactly what you're going for, because fantasy.)

• Thanks 1

First off I'd like to thank Guindyloo for their good honest advice which I'm sure applies to most of us, including myself mostly. I never painted a bones or for that matter a plastic figure even but will throw my two cents in anyways. I know brown liner is a must, so afterwards I would take a make-up brush (2 reasons: 1 they are very cheap, but the main reason is for the very soft bristles) and dry-brush white over the entire figure, it'll kind of give you a zenithal feel but will mainly help the color you put on your mini afterwards. For your skin I would recommend you use tanned yellow (any yellow orchre) or even a red-brown as a base over the brown liner to act as a second primer before you do your skin base. In there pic there skin color is rosy and yours looks like the tanned skin triad whether that's from the brown liner you would know best. My last piece of advice is that when I paint cold colors (blue, green, purple) I never use white to highlight up, I always use rainy grey (neutral) or even icy grey to highlight up. Most of all, luck with your progress!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Very nice. Much smoother blends, crisp, well-defined edges, pretty good highlights and shadows.

Do the colors you're seeing on the mini match those in the photos? (Things are looking a bit blue to me, which might be the result of daylight-balanced lights with an indoor/incandescent color temperature setting, but the effect might be exactly what you're going for, because fantasy.)

I think its the bulb...

I just took these pics with natural light.

_20180617_085611.JPG

_20180617_085624.JPG

_20180617_085650.JPG

• Like 10

Comments about the painting stand. Very nice stuff.

I think what I was seeing is that, much like how it will guess at exposure, your camera will also take a guess at the color of the light when using automatic white balancing. By default, when most of the scene has a color, your camera will normally assume that the background will average out to a neutral gray and that any general color cast is the result of light of that color. In the natural light shots, you can see that the background is yellowish. So, if the background (and therefore the camera will assume that the overall light color) is yellowish, the camera will add blue to counteract that. And since adding blue to the oranges of skin tones will give you a gray, the skin tones went very gray in the second set of photos.

Again, you can either change the background to gray and let the camera guess or set your white balance manually to match the light and remember to change that back for later general photography.

When you have a pet, things can get much easier if you can put yourself into the mindset of the animal and anticipate how the animal will react. Cameras with lots of automatic settings are kind of like that. ::D:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

_20180618_214338.JPG

_20180618_214428.JPG

_20180618_214527.JPG

I don't know why, but I decided that Cassie is the type of sorceress who'd wear white pants. Started with a mix of Linen White and Pumpkin Orange (since that's what the color was on her legs before, up through ure linen white, into Bleached Linen, and than spots of pure white on her knees. 

Did some more highlighting on  her boobs, the center panel of her top, bit of work on the gem, Ancient Bronze on the staff, and blocked in the belt, jar, and pouches. 

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 11

And with this, I think I'm going to call her done.

_20180625_211216.thumb.JPG.12406ee880b1a32f6fcff9286a060c49.JPG_20180625_211149.thumb.JPG.3ab24ef4b44f1fca980bc58bfe434499.JPG

Well, might do a tiny bit more work on the base... but otherwise done.

Edited by Crowley
formatting
  • Like 13

I'd say she is well done!

*** Searches for BBQ Sauce***

*** Gnome Steak Anyone?***

• Like 1

She looks very nice. I think you did especially well on her face!

• Thanks 1