Pav

New Line of High-End Resin Bridge Terrain

1321223193_rsinariumbridges2.thumb.jpg.4fa33176bf55282e32bfd5d61f74d36e.jpg

Link:
http://kck.st/2JEME8c

Playmats.Eu isn't a new name for many gamers. They've been supplying playmats, 2D terrain and even some 3D accessories to retail customers worldwide and even provided components for a few successful Kickstarters. Now they've launched a campaign for Resinarium Bridges - a new product line of exclusive, hand painted bridges for wargames.

With the new brand, they hope to provide customers with high-end 3D terrain: the sculpts are detailed and made of resin, and they come hand-painted out of the box (though there is an option to buy a plain resin cast too, if you fancy painting them yourself). Anyone looking for a nice-looking tactical chokepoint for their battles, can back their Kickstarter to bring the new line to life.

You can see the campaign for yourself here: http://kck.st/2JEME8c

If it sounds like something up your alley don't wait too long - in the first 48 hours of the campaign, every backer gets one of their modular rivers (with an anti-slip foam base) for free.

You can currently choose from four models: Wooden, Stone, Orcish Wooden and Orcish Stone. The first two fit pretty much any heroic-scale game, while the latter work great in fantasy settings. More bridges, including an Elven one and a Sci Fi one, are planned if Stretch Goals are met. In a rather nice twist,  you don't have to make a decision on the Bridge model(s) the moment you pledge. You will choose which models you'd like to receive after the campaign ends, in the Pledge Manager.

Let me know your thoughts!

2_standardvsorcish.thumb.jpg.c400b9fe90a3e9b342fdc5e1febba468.jpg

1929986136_5_detailorcishbridge.thumb.jpg.eea3ab3498f63746c1c094c05d4e3b7a.jpg

• Like 1

Will there be unpainted options? No-go for me if they're already painted. 

• Like 1

There are, and they're cheaper than the painted versions. One of the reasons we chose resin instead of cheaper material is because it's great for painting.

We're actually surprised by how many people went for the unpainted option - almost half the people pledged for the unpainted cast!

Edit: ninja'd ;)

Edited by Pav
ninja'd
  • Like 2

Tempted, but the lack of grid adds to my Will Save.

2 hours ago, Talae said:

Tempted, but the lack of grid adds to my Will Save.

Think of the dioramas though!

• Like 2

Just now, SamuraiJack said:

Think of the dioramas though!

No. I refuse to open more aspects of this hobby.

/resists temptation. I can do this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Talae said:

No. I refuse to open more aspects of this hobby.

/resists temptation. I can do this.

You need to think outside of the grid.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

I do definitely like the look of these pieces, but will probably pass. Main issue is that the price (while fair) is still more than I want to pay for just a handful of pieces that may or may not see decent use. Unfortunately, while I do have a couple of tabletop wargames that I play, it is rarely played at my house, so the terrain is not needed as much. I'm more likely to use the terrain for my rpg group but that's where the price of the bridge pieces becomes a bit high since I wouldn't be using it often (i.e. not every encounter can have a bridge in it).

As for the lack of a grid, I think the unpainted option can potentially remedy this with some careful painting. The irony of course is that I would probably pick up a bridge piece as an add-on to a larger terrain set if I felt I could use the larger set in enough games.

• Like 2

Quality orcish engineering, who needs to fix things when you have cover it up with bling?  ^_^

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just wanted to let you guys know, we are hearing you re: the price point.

We're looking into ways of making the models more cost effective without sacrificing the high quality, the latter being the sole idea behind Resinarium.

We were hoping a flat shipping fee (irrespective of the amount of bridges) would be useful, since it'd allow people to pool their orders together, but obviously that only helps so much.

I will let you know as soon as we think of anything! And in the meantime, if you have any questions, I'll happily answer them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

For what it's worth I've purchased resin bridges before and these don't seem out of line.  And that was 15 years ago prices.  That's a big chunk of resin.

The "objective markers" are pretty great as well.

Edited by Jeneki
  • Like 3

Cheers Jeneki! I really hope we get to unlock some of the SG stuff! That goblin in a bucket cracks me up every time I see him :)

On that topic, I come bearing great news for everyone who finds the >$49 price tag to steep. 

We've just announced a new Saver Pledge Level - for $34 you can snag one of our highly detailed unpainted resin bridges and help unlock more models!

Check it out! - http://kck.st/2JEME8c

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jeneki said:

For what it's worth I've purchased resin bridges before and these don't seem out of line.  And that was 15 years ago prices.  That's a big chunk of resin.

I agree with this sentiment. I think the price point is fair (and hey, that new super saver is extra nice), it was more of a "for my purposes, its a bit steep." I'd be using this most likely for Pathfinder/D&D games which means that it would come out maybe a handful of times per campaign (which with my groups tend to last several years). Just not enough use to justify it for me personally.

Now, if I were hosting a table top wargame night regularly, I'd be all over these.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gargs said:

I agree with this sentiment. I think the price point is fair (and hey, that new super saver is extra nice), it was more of a "for my purposes, its a bit steep."

I also agree. 

It kind of sucks that sometimes the price is fair, but I just can't justify the expenditure.  Hope this does well for you, Pav. 

• Like 3