Talae

What Board Game Did You Just Play and How Did You Like It?

2 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Love his facial expression.

He was stoked with the win!

• Like 2

Played two games of the freshly opened Azul!

It is a great game!

The first game had a big spread (94 to 64 to 48). 

20180615_175801.thumb.jpg.1c8ffbd2d5472bc67b009e62372a05a9.jpg

The second game was closer (64 to 42 to 38).

20180615_183120.thumb.jpg.96dbdee074a61e82e2fbd030733e711d.jpg

• Like 4

This thread inspired me to fire up a fresh Kingdom Death: Monster campaign last night.

No one died (Yay!), but one guy had his leg dissolved by monster urine (Boo!), but it did teach the others how to use ammonia (Yay!).

I love the game, just wish I had someone to play with (My housemate has tried, but she gets too attached to her little dudes and takes it personally when they die horrifying, meaningless deaths).

• Like 4

4 hours ago, aku-chan said:

This thread inspired me to fire up a fresh Kingdom Death: Monster campaign last night.

No one died (Yay!), but one guy had his leg dissolved by monster urine (Boo!), but it did teach the others how to use ammonia (Yay!).

I love the game, just wish I had someone to play with (My housemate has tried, but she gets too attached to her little dudes and takes it personally when they die horrifying, meaningless deaths).

What if she were to name them anonymous names like numbers...or names of things she dislikes?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Talae said:

What if she were to name them anonymous names like numbers...or names of things she dislikes?

Already tried that, doesn't work.

She just can't get her brain around the idea that it's the settlement that's important not it's inhabitants. She creates a pair of characters and sticks with them to the bitter end.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Already tried that, doesn't work.

She just can't get her brain around the idea that it's the settlement that's important not it's inhabitants. She creates a pair of characters and sticks with them to the bitter end.

My son has this problem and we solved it (for him) by creating chiefs in the tribe he attaches to the chief and sends others out to glorious battle...

• Like 3

Was at our local table top gaming place yesterday to play a few rounds of Clank (curse of the Mummy!  Round one he totally decimated me since I died, round two he won by all of three points)...  Hubby decided to check out their selection of games, and Imhotep caught his eye.  Very VERY glad we gave it a try, was a ton of fun, and I won both rounds, mwa ha ha! ^_^;;;

IMG_20180616_180740.thumb.jpg.0b8646401692b9fa94054d439fff1c7d.jpgIMG_20180616_203220.thumb.jpg.652eb734e65422239537765680cadc6b.jpg

• Like 4

Imhotep is another great game to introduce people to gaming.

• Like 3

Received Tsuro of the High Seas as a Father's Day gift and already played a game.

20180617_091448.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Imhotep is another great game to introduce people to gaming.

It's one of those rare ones that you can easily get a good grasp of the rules DURING the first playthrough.

It's also quick as a two player game, taking all of 15 minutes or so for a single game, which is a nice touch ^_^

• Like 1

Some light games with Grandpa. 

Go Fish (my wife can't seem to lose)

20180617_123707.thumb.jpg.b8eae4d3f28219fe9ae7730d0c47ee0f.jpg

Get Bit

20180617_122649.thumb.jpg.33c03379c7020dce9c7078ef6198cb26.jpg

Tsuro

20180617_131008.thumb.jpg.6de25f8c4a53613d2f7ba3682e28af1f.jpg

More Go Fish (my wife won two hands before everyone even had a chance to have a turn)

20180617_125117.thumb.jpg.c36cfd5dbdb318f12ffc63ea8adb255c.jpg

• Like 4

@Talae, have you looked into a game or heard of a game called Survive Escape from Atlantis? There's a remake of the original and it's pretty entertaining for kids and adults. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

@Talae, have you looked into a game or heard of a game called Survive Escape from Atlantis? There's a remake of the original and it's pretty entertaining for kids and adults. 

It is on my wishlist, but I have never played it. I will watch for a sale. Thanks!

• Like 1

Recently picked up the entire Kickstarter's worth of Myth. Someone who shops at our FLGS hit KS saturation and sold of a bunch of completely sealed games they're received from KS but would never play.

Played a couple times now, pretty fun. It's very much a D&D-without-a-DM sort of game. TONS of miniatures, which is the real reason we picked it up, nice minis, too.

Other recent plays: Tokaido, Star Trek: Ascendancy. Tokaido is one of the most chill games ever, absolutely beautiful, and rewarding for both my serious-gamer friends and my non-gamer parents. ST:A is a great 4X with a very cool exploration mechanic... And my wonderful friends the Ferengi are available in the expansions as a playable faction!

Not too long ago, some friends brought Inis and Scythe over... Both are singularly gorgeous games and both quite fun.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Sanael said:

Recently picked up the entire Kickstarter's worth of Myth. Someone who shops at our FLGS hit KS saturation and sold of a bunch of completely sealed games they're received from KS but would never play.

Played a couple times now, pretty fun. It's very much a D&D-without-a-DM sort of game. TONS of miniatures, which is the real reason we picked it up, nice minis, too.

First or second edition? Make sure and check BGG and gameplay videos for that one before jumping in. I love the game, but the first rulebook is terrible and the second is only somewhat better.

Please don't let that hold you back, though.

• Like 3