Sign in to follow this  
LarsM

The squiq

I have been sculpting lately, and finds it very fun and satisfying. There is just something about making everything from scratch.

I dont think I will ever make 'real' miniatures, but simple creatures like this one is super fun.

As always C & C is welcome.

..Here is the sea squiq. A lot of squiqs get captured by goblins and is trained and used for war. But this one is still a free living creature. Living and eating along the shores..

01Squiq.jpg

02Squiq.jpg

03Squiq.jpg

• Like 21

Nice sculpt ... Looking forward to you next creatiin.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LarsM
      Startet on this base for a Vermin Tyrant from Avatars of War. It Started out as a test piece for a later project with water effect.
      But halfway through I found out about the Water Base Competition from Massive Voodoo, and thought 'Why Not'.
      So I finished the base, and send in pictures.

It is my first time using water effects. I chose to use the Vallejo Still Water. Partly because I thought the two-part resin types seemed quite difficult to work with, and this was not supposed to be very deep; aroun 5-10mm. And partly because that was what the local shop had.
      The water did not turn out that well, there came quite a few 'waves' around the edges and close to the rocks and things. I'm not sure if that would have been better with two-part-resin.
      I did circa 5-6 pours of the Vallejo Still Water to reach this depth.

The painting part I'm very pleased with, not least the marble effect on the white tiles. It is a bit more visible in real life than on these photos.
      (It will problably still look rather noob-ish in the competition, but what the heck.. there is also random prices -haha).

Edit: I should notice that the big rat is an old Ral Partha, the heads on spikes are from Avatars of War (came with the mini), and the two main tiles is from Scibor. The rest is homemade from putty, kitty litter and a piece of bark.

• By Glitterwolf
      And here is the Cyclops belonging to the same Swamp Based Undead Army.

I will not post all minis at once.
      Since I got accidently banned I'll have to repost all I painted..
      Oh well.

• By odinsgrandson
      I was tasked with painting up a little ceramic puppy statue- but I couldn’t help but think it looked like Barong. Especially the way he is portrayed in the Persona games.

So, that’s the direction I took him in. The basing is all my construction (it is based on images of Balinese bridges).

Anyway, here he is:

• By knarthex
      So here is my version of The Well of Chaos:

some close ups:

The water effect crept up the sides due to surface tension, but not enough for me to worry...

WiP here.

Thoughts and comments welcome!

George
    • By Corporea
      Ok, random question. I've got some leftover plywood from a cork project, and I want to turn it into a giant table sized "hex" board, but I want the dry-erase feature. If I coat it with my environmental tech resin stuff, can I then do dry erase on top of that? Will it work well enough as a varnish layer, or do I need to do some sort of varnish/shellac? Or is there another water effect/pour that works better?I guess I can test it out, but i thought I'd ask first! thanks!!!
  • Who's Online   29 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)