LarsM

Warhammer diorama (Pic heavy)

Very nice concept. I've never gotten into Warhammer myself, but I have to admit the sculpts are quite beautiful. This should be very fun to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes their sculpts are nice, but so are their prices. Her in Denmark it is about 4 times as much for a human size as a Reaper Bones.

A very little progress, but mostly just a couple photos of the scene. Minis is just attached with tack-thingie.. 

I have startet on the drone and a jumping Tau. 

I had to add an I-profil (?) to support the foot of the big tyranid. 

It is getting a bit cramped, but "keep it tight" they say.. Too cramped? 

IMG_20180618_185229.jpg

IMG_20180618_185334.jpg

• Like 20

looking cool !

I don't know , but at the end..at least for the one I recently done...the photo shot is what make it or break it xD....once done you really need to make some nice photos shot of it .. which kinda scary me with my poor equipment for this haha.

• Thanks 1

Not too cramped, looks just about right to me.

I like the colors on your tau.

• Thanks 1

A little progress. 

Finished a control-computer thing for the machine. 

And just about finished the shooting Tau, problem about this one is is needs to be connectet to the til of the big tyranid. I think I will connectet them at the base with both parts painted and attached.. 

IMG_20180620_214527.jpg

IMG_20180620_221707.jpg

IMG_20180620_221558.jpg

• Like 13

Epic stuff and so well executed

• Thanks 1

Got a bit more done on the drone, Im quite happy with the color transitions, although they maybe need a bit more work. Im really gonna try my best on this one, as it is sitting on top of everything and is very vissible. 

I also painted more cracks in the floor and worked a bit on the bricks.

I startet on the ground/dirt with a blue color.. The plan was dull it down a bit. But I don't know if it is gonna be too weird with blue-is dirt..any opinions? 

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment, crittiq and suggest. 

IMG_20180629_184329.jpg

IMG_20180629_184408.jpg

IMG_20180629_184446.jpg

IMG_20180629_184510.jpg

• Like 15

Small update.. 

Added a bit of batte damage to one of the Tau's. The others will follow. 

Some of it came out nice.. but it's so tiny..

IMG_20180703_205602.jpg

• Like 14

More progress.

Im done with the Drone. ..and when I see these pictures I see so many flaws.. But in general I am happy with it. I might go back and do a few touch ups.

I am quite happy about the battle marks, I think they went better than on the Tau.

I'm not quite sure about the exhausts, should they be more white? I gave them a slight yellow, to indicate heat..but Im not sure they are bright enough. Any opinions?

02Drone.jpg

03Drone.jpg

04Drone.jpg

05Drone.jpg

• Like 14

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sharkbelly
      Hey all, Here is the start of a small Orcs and Goblins force. These guys have been sitting around for a while, but since I forgot to pack my case of miniatures when I came back overseas, they are next up on the painting table...

I hope they'll make a nice complement to my Ogre army, and be useful for RPGs and Warhammer Quest. So far they have gotten some brown, beige, and two shades of green.

• By LarsM
      Finally got around to take pictures of my Warhammer diorama.
      I entered it into a local competition, and was lucky enough to win the Warhammer category. Thanks to everyone who wrote a comment in the WIP thread.
      Link here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81383-warhammer-diorama-pic-heavy/

..Sorry for the overload of pictures!  -could'nt help myself..

Although on these pictures I can see many mistakes, I am quite happy with it.
      Hope you enjoy it, and as always any comment, critiq or question is welcome.

• By WhiteWulfe
      They say every army needs it's centerpiece, it's keystone...  It's.... Leader.  Many have glorious names, that warriors will flock to battle under, to defend some sort of principle, moral code, or... Other stuff.

Not this one.  Nope, not him, a warlord who doesn't even bother with a name.  Some say his name was lost to the ages, others say that anyone who dares utter his name winds up meeting an untimely fate.  All that is known, is that the murderous mutant rats under his command are some of the most bloodthirsty out there, and they all speak with a hushed reverence for some critter that's simply known as "Steve", most without realizing Steve is the impaled skull on the warlord's shoulder...

Two things are well known though...  He, and his forces are typically only known by their actions, namely that any town or outpost that they attack, there are no survivors left behind, and an absolutely bloody amount of carnage is left in his wake..

^Originally tried to just use the box art behind him, and keep things relatively tidy, but I was having trouble with my mobile phone's camera hunting for focus, and so after a few attempts I wound up switching to a plain white sheet of paper.  Putting these two up though because a)I like them, and b)the colours turned out fairly close to how the mini is in the real world, at least to my eyes.

This is the first character mini for my "Unrelenting Tide" Skaven army...  Comprised of a combination of the 25th Anniversary Warhammer Fantasy Battles Skaven boxed army set and the Island of Blood miniatures, this is the first miniature I've tried to go further than just tabletop with, and saw what I'll describe as mixed results.  While I did want to try certain techniques such as OSL, I decided as I was going on to simply work on basics such as lining.  Now yes, I could have gone a few more layers on the flames, and especially his lower half, I wound up calling him "done" due to a few things, but mostly because I'd repainted certain parts three or four times and it was getting to the point where I just wanted him finished.  Oddly enough, thanks to some things on him and other minis I'm still working on, I was able to come up with a colour scheme that seemed to just... "click" and work for him.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Brokk Grungsson, an important character in the Kharadron Overlords (steampunk, sky pirate dwarfs) faction in the game Warhammer: Age of Sigmar.

Had this one in the Cupboard of Unfinished Thingstm for a while, and I'm glad it's finally done.
      Bit disappointed with the base though. I wanted to give him a reason for wearing his blimp-suit, so I have him flying over a large pool lava, but I don't think it really works, it needs more texture or some rocks to break up all the yellow or something.

As always any comments or criticisms are warmly received. 
    • By Heisler
      This is the third in a series of four posts each concentrating on a different entry category. You can find information about the scoring system itself in the Painter Division post. From here forward I will just concentrate on how the component guidelines apply to the other three divisions

Diorama Division
      The Diorama Division does not exist in the MMSI structure. At MMSI a diorama goes into the Open Division as it encompasses the same set of skills. I, however, felt the Open Division ignored or down played the story and what is a diorama without a story?  This is the division that lets you show off the same skills that the Open Division does and wrap it around a story. Again if you have just a single entry then the judges can just go ahead and score your entry, no discussion is necessary. If you have multiple entries, then there will be a discussion between the judges on which entry they want to score. That conversation is typically the only conversation although these discussions tend to be longer than they might be in the Painter Division.  However, when selecting the scoring entry the conversation is still based on “I can score this one higher than the others” or words to that affect, till they come to a decision just as it would be for the Painter Division. 

Let’s take a quick look at the scoring guidelines the judges use (which is published as part of the MSP Open rules. One cautionary note’ these particular scoring guidelines may change slightly):
      Difficulty: 10%
      Creativity: 20%
      Workmanship: 15%
      Painting Skill: 30%
      Presentation: 25%

What does this mean for the Diorama Division? In this division we are really want to see all your hobby skills as well as your story telling ability. While the components remain the same the emphasis has obviously changed a great deal.

Difficulty: This is a tough one for the Diorama category, since most dioramas are difficult to begin with. We reduced the emphasis here because we feel that you should not take a hit for a good story that is comparatively simple to tell.  

Creativity: Creativity steps up a bit here.  While painting is still factor this is the portion that shows us the story you are telling. Now painting is combined with your ability to convert, sculpt and tell a story to your audience. The entrant’s imagination comes into play here, you are looking to tell a story to your viewers. You are striving for the audience to understand your story without commentary from you. It can be subtle or in your face but if you have to explain it then you have not succeeded.

Workmanship: This remains a pretty straightforward component but in the Diorama Division there is a higher emphasis on it. It reflects how well constructed the entire piece is. Any type of non-painting effort is represented here. This is includes your ability to do conversions and/or scratch sculpt or at least be able to blend your miniatures in with the scene you have constructed. A missed mold line, poor assembly or a poorly executed conversion could easily drop you a while numeric value in the scoring.

Painting Skill: Everything that was said about painting still applies in the Diorama Division but there is less emphasis. At this point workmanship and creativity components exceed the painting component. While we don’t expect your abilities to be exactly equal in those areas you cannot count on your ability to paint alone to carry you over the top.

Presentation:  There is more emphasis on the is component as well. You are building the entire entry, essentially from scratch, and the presentation of everything you do affects the story. From the miniatures to the setting, this is where it all comes together. How you present it can be the difference between gold and silver.
  • Who's Online   39 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)