LarsM

Warhammer diorama (Pic heavy)

Small update, this time on the base. 

Got some color on the undergrund cave, painted (a lot) of cracks in the concrete and some rusty reinforcement bars. 

IMG_20180715_223208.jpg

IMG_20180715_223022.jpg

IMG_20180715_222858.jpg

• Like 19

Progress.. More work have been done on the landscape. Mainly rusty machine parts. Some more of it will be painted and chipped,  using the technics descriped in this thread; http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81707-a-journey-into-rust-pic-heavy/

I have also painted cracks in the concrete and a ripped off Tau leg in the mud, wich will be partly corvered in water effect.

But time is closing in, and I havent really startede on the big tyranid yet. Hope I will get it done in time.. 

IMG_20180802_213857.jpg

IMG_20180802_213820.jpg

IMG_20180802_213806.jpg

• Like 13

Mainly just details this time.. 

Added running slime from the big pipe and a leaking small pipe, made from pva-glue colored with paint in many layers, among other details. I also started on the yellow crane arm, it still need to be chipped and streaked. 

I have added more blood to the shooting Tau, also made off pva glue. 

Homemade tyranid also got paint, its carapace is not done. I originally planed on a similar color scheme as the small ones, but I simply could not make the paint work, maybe partly because of the primitive sculpt. In hindsight I should have spent the money on a big tyranid from GW or any other monster. I am really happy with the terrain, but this one is not really that great.. 

Anyway here is the pictures.. 

IMG_20180813_221019.jpg

IMG_20180813_220911.jpg

IMG_20180813_221124.jpg

IMG_20180813_223612.jpg

• Like 15

This looks amazing!

Keep in mind that with a scene like this one can never add too much small debris or rubble.

You might want to take a look at WWII and Modern Urban Warfare Dioramas for inspiration.

So far, this is a winner!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

This looks amazing!

Keep in mind that with a scene like this one can never add too much small debris or rubble.

You might want to take a look at WWII and Modern Urban Warfare Dioramas for inspiration.

So far, this is a winner!

Thanks you for the kind words. 

I do look a lot on WWII and other historical dioramas.. 

The competition I want to enter this in to, is mainly historical pieces, but they do have fantasy and even a Warhammer class. But Im in a bit of doubt wich class I should enter as there is also a specific diorama class.

But first I must finish it :o) 

• Like 4

Last update.. Almost finished with the project, and there is still time for the competition. I am more than excited for it, I have never been to one before. I dont expect to win anything, but to see and meet the others attenders.. 

These are just a couple close-ups, next photos of the full project will be in show off after the competition.

IMG_20180827_222606.jpg

IMG_20180827_183335.jpg

IMG_20180827_183210.jpg

• Like 13

Help needed! 

So I am about to assemble the diorama, but I am in doubt if the Drone (little flying saucer thing) should be there, everything else is glued in. The drone is attached with tacky-stuff in the first pictures. 

I really hope to hear some oppinions from you guys as I am in much doubt, and the people I have asked are not sure either. 

First two is with drone, and next two is with out drone.. Wich is Best? 

IMG_20180905_163513.jpg

IMG_20180905_163604.jpg

IMG_20180905_163845.jpg

IMG_20180905_163904.jpg

• Like 10

That is a SPECTACULAR scene with a very Alien feel to it. I don't do SciFi, but it is an inspiring creation for me nonetheless. OUTSTANDING WORK!

• Thanks 1

I prefer it with, but I don't know anything about dioramas, I just know what I like. I think it helps with the diorama's flow. You can start with the drone and let your eyes naturally move along the rest of the scene (left to right like a book).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1