• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Unruly
      So I'm painting up the Mantic Giant. I'm calling him James, because the head I'm using is very much a James Hetfield head.

Say hi, James.

I started off by priming with a sample of Badger's Stynylrez that I got with last year's RCon swag bag and my Badger Patriot 105 airbrush. I'm pretty sure the primer is their olive green. I used the olive green because I couldn't find the sample bottle of the more off-white/yellow Stynylrez primer that I got from the swag bag two years ago. Then I found it after I finished priming and started trying to mix up a flesh tone. Go figure. I didn't take any pictures of the primed pieces, because all they were was olive green all over.

When mixing up my skin tone, I wanted something tanned looking, but darker and more bronzed than Reaper's tanned skin. I wanted it to look more like how the skin of someone who works outside all summer long tends to look, with that almost leather look that they tend to get. After all, a giant like this guy isn't going to be spending a lot of time indoors, especially not if he's part of an army.

So I started with Vallejo bronze fleshtone and leather brown in roughly equal parts. Which ended up too orange. So I upped the leather brown, and it was still too orange. So I added in Reaper Tanned Shadow, and I almost got it where I wanted. The final touch was some Reaper tanned skin, and I got it to be good enough. Don't ask me proportions, because after the first mix I have no idea. I just threw some color in, stuck it to the vortex mixer for a few seconds, and then looked again to see if I liked it. I finished it off by making it airbrush-ready with some Createx 4012 reducer.

In this picture, it's the unlabeled bottle in the middle. The other bottles are the paints I mixed together to get it.

Now, armed with my skintone, I decided that I wanted to try a different airbrush. So I broke out my Badger Renegade Krome for the very first time and started applying. The difference between the Krome and the Patriot is night and day because of one simple, but amazing, feature - an adjustable trigger stop. It's freaking sweet. No worries about over spraying massive amounts of paint accidentally, and you have so much more control over your lines because of it.

And the skin is where I stopped for the night.

• By Inarah
      Interesting little guy, I am sure he is up to no good, skulking around in the shadows near the palace.  He has a pair of new bronze daggers, and murder in his eyes.

• By dunker79
      I am back!!! After 8 months of not touching my brush, I am a tad bit rusty. Hope you like my take on Varaug. C&c is always welcome!

• By SGHawkins09
      Painted this up for Rat13 as part of the Summer Exchange. Wanted to do a limited summer/fall color scheme and I am happy with how he turned out. These are not the best pictures in the world as they were taken quickly before packing him up.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here is a classic Orc model from Ral Partha I painted some time ago. It's a 25mm tall metal "lead" model sculpted by Jeff Wilhelm and was part of TSR D&D 10-512 Monsters Boxed Set produced in 1992.

• Who's Online   35 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)