Sign in to follow this  
DavePgh

03593: Akar Nakhal, Pharaoh Dragon

Painting this guy up currently & I hit a bit of a snag. The details on this sculpt are pretty soft in spots, so it's hard to tell where there's flesh on the bones. The wings & torso aren't too hard & the arms look bare, but the legs look like they have some connective tissue on them. Every example I've seen of this model has bare bones legs; has anyone painted their own up differently?

2 hours ago, DavePgh said:

Painting this guy up currently & I hit a bit of a snag. The details on this sculpt are pretty soft in spots, so it's hard to tell where there's flesh on the bones. The wings & torso aren't too hard & the arms look bare, but the legs look like they have some connective tissue on them. Every example I've seen of this model has bare bones legs; has anyone painted their own up differently?

Do you have pics?

You could use a wash or liner. Most of the time that will define the contours and you can see small details much better.

I find this very helpful when painting a mini with some ( at first sight) undefined parts

• Like 1

There is a painted pic up on the Google Maps page for Reaper. I recall seeing it the other day as I was looking at traffic routes for ReaperCon. 

edit: Since I was on mobile when I posted this, I couldn't do a copy-paste. Anyways, I still can't (google maps images). It appears he is all Bones.