Sign in to follow this  
Disserrma

80006: Dita, Steampunk Witch

Very nice.

Try using a more neutral background for your photographs. As the main colours for this figures are red and purple they will tend to look a little lost on the pinkish surface she is standing on. 

Bout that .... It's actually a black background.....   the autocorrect color filter on my camera phone just does odd things like that on occassion ;;  Those were the best I had out of over a dozen >.>

Edited by Disserrma

1 hour ago, Disserrma said:

Sadly the pics are a little washed out.

45 minutes ago, Disserrma said:

Bout that .... It's actually a black background

These things are related. Your camera looks at the scene and sets an exposure based on how much light it thinks there is. When you have a very dark background ("black" is generally considered "very dark" :poke:), the camera takes that as, "It's very dark out. I need to increase the exposure."

The result is that anything that isn't very dark is way overexposed. To fix this, you can use a manual exposure mode or negative exposure compensation. (I'd start at about -2 stops here and adjust until the result actually looks good.)

In an entirely unrelated note, and totally not an advertisement, I'm running a class on photographing minis at Reapercon this year. ::D:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2