TaleSpinner

03884: Komodo Dragon

Squee!  I had thought that Ron had decided against producing this one.  I sculpted it several years ago.  I'm not sure why it made the list now, but am happy it is out!  It is quite large, being over 3" long, IIRC.  I'll see if I can dig up more pictures tonight!

03884_w_1.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

I found my photos of it.  And I was wrong, it is 4" long, but fits a 2" base so it meets D&D and PF requirements for a Giant Lizard.

KDragon3.jpg.6d1c384ae34554f64ba0b2f88339ed1b.jpg

KDragon4.jpg.55d3a5a884c9114b4e4c294295eb58ab.jpg

KDragon2.jpg.18bea01048b31d6045a733ea76448f4f.jpg

KDragonLargeBase.jpg.4ae9116a2bc04a45dcb62518bde11c9f.jpg

KDragonScale.jpg.4374ee6917728cc90eb78dce12d21475.jpg

• Like 13

This one is on my list for July.

But you bring up an interesting topic.  Generally speaking, how often do sculpts see a prolonged shelf stay before production?  Or how often do sculpts  actually never see production?

Edited by Clearman
  • Like 3

I have 3 sculpts that were purchased by clients and never produced.  Typically, I see a lag of about 6 months for metal minis from me finishing them to production. This one is my longest, but that isn't surprising as it had some issues that needed to be worked out for it to fit a mold.  Honestly, I thought it wasn't ever going to be published, which is why I am so excited now.

13 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I WANT THAT!!!!

Good thing you can buy it right now then. :poke:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Typically, I see a lag of about 6 months for metal minis from me finishing them to production.

Would you say that is common for most sculptors?  My limited observations are based entirely on KickStarters, and what they decide to communicate.  I wouldn't say that is a good representation of how the rest of the industry operates.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Would you say that is common for most sculptors?  My limited observations are based entirely on KickStarters, and what they decide to communicate.  I wouldn't say that is a good representation of how the rest of the industry operates.

I would think so, yes, unless the production house is waiting on a mini for a special event or something.

KS production is much different, especially for something like Bones and other plastic.  The lead times for plastic are much, much longer.  That said, some of the metal KS's I have been a part of have made my sculpts in as little as 2 months, so it can really vary.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I WANT THAT!!!!

Me too - but I might have to wait for it to come out in Bones 5 or 6...unless I can justify it for an adventure some time sooner than that. 

Speaking of which, maybe the popularity of the new D&D module with Chult in it prompted Ron to pull it off the shelf?

51 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Yeah! Both because it's available, and because you can post a commerce link for this one. 

• Like 3

I don't game.

But this fits into my Lost World Project.

I think I'm going to need three to make a unit or small diorama with them.

I want to see what the next mini of the month is, if it suits me, that's the time to strike!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I don't game.

But this fits into my Lost World Project.

I think I'm going to need three to make a unit or small diorama with them.

I want to see what the next mini of the month is, if it suits me, that's the time to strike!

Looks like this guy is also going to be coming out by the end of June.  It just hit the Preview gallery. (Can't remember if you like these or not.)

03891_w_1.jpg

It still has the B on it in the Preview gallery, but I assume at $11.99 it will be metal (the bones version is not due until Feb anyway).  I'll be supper pumped to get one in metal as it is going to be my next year's ReaperCon Open div entry.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Looks like this guy is also going to be coming out by the end of June.  It just hit the Preview gallery. (Can't remember if you like these or not.)

03891_w_1.jpg

It still has the B on it in the Preview gallery, but I assume at $11.99 it will be metal (the bones version is not due until Feb anyway).  I'll be supper pumped to get one in metal as it is going to be my next year's ReaperCon Open div entry.

I pledged for Bones IV and the Lost Valley and the Fan Favorite Packs are in that pledge.

I'm getting all three of your savage toads!

• Like 2

Your komodo is exquisite! I'll surely pick one up in the near future ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just realized I can grab a few or so during reapercon like I did with the platypi. @TaleSpinner would you sign the blister if it happens?  ^.^

• Like 2

On 6/15/2018 at 9:14 PM, pcktlnt said:

I just realized I can grab a few or so during reapercon like I did with the platypi. @TaleSpinner would you sign the blister if it happens?  ^.^

Sure. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 11:42 AM, TaleSpinner said:

03891_w_1.jpg

Every time I see this one & the other 2 I always think of old video game Battletoads!!

• Like 2