A cooler day, finally.

thunderer_1_more_base_coats_front.jpg.be4067cecc35ed4e59bda33b7aa673b6.jpgthunderer_1_more_base_coats_back.jpg.a98afbf7e9c5154d7f1689f472dfe900.jpg

Cloth is MSP Gothic Crimson.  Base colour for the steel bits is S75 Black Metal.  Steampunk reactor-y bit is S75 Emerald Alchemy over some MSP Solid White.

The problem now is that the Clockwork Brass is looking a bit rough next to the S75 Black Metal.  It may be getting too....something.....

May look at my P3 metallics and see if I want to switch.

• Like 11

So the heat and humidity finally broke here a week or two ago.

But then I've spent the last couple of weeks helping my wife move 50 years worth of stuff out of her parents home as it is selling in a few weeks.

We dragged all the furniture over on Wednesday (then recovered from moving all the furniture on Thursday) so today she finally relaxed enough to go have some fun with the kid.

So I got to paint a bit. (not too much, cause everything still hurts a bit from Wednesday).

During that 2 months or so, I decided to order the other S75 metals sets.  So here is an update on our intrepid Thunderer #1.

thunderer_1_new_metallics.jpg.f03dcfe49df8f03dea6f937e37f64dce.jpg

Breastplate is now S75 Decayed Metal, then Victorian Brass.  A little AP Flesh Wash.  Some more Victorian Brass.  And a little highlighting with S75 Amber Alchemy and Moonstone Alchemy.

The rest of arm and leg bits just have a base coat of Decayed Metal.

I think that is about the look I'm going for.

• Like 12

Been very busy lifting heavy things, but the in-law's house is done, walk through was yesterday (along with putting out the 37 bags of recycling and 10 bundles of cardboard....:upside:).

So, a bit of base coating today.

5_some_basecoating.jpg.4530dd12eb4d2457dc5ce1575cef4616.jpg

My back, shoulders and neck all feel like crap from lifting way too may heavy things (no, I don't know why there was the block from a 305 in the garage...) so just 20 minutes of slapping some S75 Decayed Metal on.

It is a start at least, and hopefully my hands will be steadier next time.

• Like 11

Two days of painting in a row! Been a while since that happened....

I'm at the track the next 2 days so I know I won't make 3.

Some S75 Black Metal base coating today.

5_more_basecoating.thumb.jpg.1e643dbb161b774879d6a5f56fe6aaa7.jpg

Made it almost 30 minutes before getting too shaky this time.  Might try another session later, depending on how everything else I need to get done today goes, and what my back thinks of that idea.

• Like 9

Jasper! It's been a while! Yeah I picked up a starter kit of Space Wolves quite a while back as a friend of mine was really into WH2K and wanted me to start playing. I think I got through 2 figures until I got burned out on the planning, prepping, painting, etc. I think they came out pretty ok, but yours are looking fantastic! I haven't heard of that faction before, but I haven't been to a GW store in over a year. We don't have them in my town, plus like you said, they're $$$. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kharsin said:

Jasper! It's been a while! Yeah I picked up a starter kit of Space Wolves quite a while back as a friend of mine was really into WH2K and wanted me to start playing. I think I got through 2 figures until I got burned out on the planning, prepping, painting, etc. I think they came out pretty ok, but yours are looking fantastic! I haven't heard of that faction before, but I haven't been to a GW store in over a year. We don't have them in my town, plus like you said, they're $$$. 

This one is one of the newer factions that came out with Age of Sigmar, the game that replaced Warhammer Fantasy :) 

• Like 1

So. 1 hour endurance race at the end of the day yesterday. 40 or so minutes in, a pro stock tears a hole in the oil pan and makes a complete lap (1.6 Miles, 2.5 kilometers) before running out of oil...

A little over 2 hours later we'd finished putting down oil absorbent materials (oil absorb and concrete dust), scrubbing it in with brooms, and using blowers to clear the excess dust.

Needless to say, my back is in no shape to paint today. 

But at least I'm watching some painting videos!