Live Link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/cthulhu-death-may-die

Two week campaign

Information is growing on Cmon page and BGG.  This rings all the right bells and is likely to mug me quite severely.

From the Facebook announcement:

"The ritual has started, and there’s no stopping it now. The only hope for the Investigators…and the rest of the world for that matter, is to disrupt it just enough so that when the Elder One arrives, it will be vulnerable for a split second. Just long enough to kill it!

They’ll get their chance when Cthulhu: Death May Die comes to Kickstarter on July 10 at 3 PM EST. The new game from CMON and Guillotine Games combines the creative talents of Eric M. Lang and Rob Daviau. Stay tuned as we reveal more about the Investigators risking their lives and the unspeakable horrors they will face off against."

Or as Mr. Lang says in interviews, the game where you "shoot Cthulhu in the face." 

Edited by Carnacki the Ghost Finder
live link added
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

I might be safe.. Limbo has my full attention right now

Myself as well!

49 minutes ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I already have Cthulhu Wars, and Deep Madness is coming.  I'll probably skip this one.

The rational side of me says this, too.

The other side is plugging their ears while saying "Iä! Iä! Iä!

I'll have to tell my co-worker about this one, he's a big HP Lovecraft fan. Of course, I am still waiting for him to bring his Mansions of madness mini's over for me to paint :)

Ok....I'll probably watch the campaign.  But my will seems to be stronger these days.  Dropped Confrontation (and would have despite the obvious issues).  Dropped Signum (despite being gorgeous models).  Stayed out of Black Rose Wars.  Stayed out of Zombiecide: Invader. Did not add the Joan of Arc dragon....  Pledged $1 to Chronicle X and won't be adding to it.  And so far I've only pledged $1 to Bones 4.  That one will change though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

Ok....I'll probably watch the campaign.  But my will seems to be stronger these days.  Dropped Confrontation (and would have despite the obvious issues).  Dropped Signum (despite being gorgeous models).  Stayed out of Black Rose Wars.  Stayed out of Zombiecide: Invader. Did not add the Joan of Arc dragon....  Pledged $1 to Chronicle X and won't be adding to it.  And so far I've only pledged $1 to Bones 4.  That one will change though.

I am basically the same on all of those except Bones 4.

My hesitation on Kickstarters is related to Hyperspace and DF6

3 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

Did not add the Joan of Arc dragon....

With that I bow to your greater willpower.

• Like 3

I'm the polar opposite to @Talae and @Dan d'Lyon on this and will be dropping my Kickstarter frugality to back this. I'm so impressed with the quality of CMON's recent miniature quality that I can't say no to Cthulhu gribblies in the same format

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Beagle said:

I'm the polar opposite to @Talae and @Dan d'Lyon on this and will be dropping my Kickstarter frugality to back this. I'm so impressed with the quality of CMON's recent miniature quality that I can't say no to Cthulhu gribblies in the same format

I am not saying no. I am just saying that I need gameplay AND quality minis with a style I like. So far, a solid maybe.

• Like 1

I wish, again, that they made some of these minis available in a better material without the game components.  I love the minis for this, just not sure my group can handle another game in the mix as we've got many that rarely see the light of day as it is.  Will be watching closely and I look forward to a gameplay vid.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kodiakbear
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/caverns-deep-by-dwarven-forge-handcrafted-game-ter/description

If anybody here loves cavern terrain and missed DF's first cavern KS KS2, this spring/summer around June DF will have KS6. The theme of KS6 will be Return to the Caverns and should be great fun for those who took part in KS2 or those who are new to DF.

DF had this to say and showed the below teaser pics

We're doing for Caverns what Dungeon of Doom did for Dungeons. A whole new batch of fun pieces to enhance your existing collection, but also completely stand-alone.

Some of the key features:
      New Core Shapes (diagonal wall, convex curves, 1" pieces, etc)
      Passages
      Elevation (with stuff that's impossible on graph paper...)
      Negative Space pieces (and new Terrain Trays)
      Flashy Pieces (Magnets & LEDs)
      Large pieces (4x4 and larger)

• By Gadgetman!
      Arr...   

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/656177818/pirates-of-treasure-island
      About
      DEAD MAN'S CHEST
      Squire Olsen, Dr. Edwards, and the rest of the EOE gentlemen having asked me to help promote the whole particulars about this Treasure Island Kickstarter, from the beginning to the end, keeping nothing back but the bearings of the Casting Room, and that, only because there is still castings not yet purchased, I take up my pen in the hope of being paid by John in the year of grace 2018, and go back to the time when John first presented his plan for this Kickstarter and the stained old Salesman with the sabre cut first took up his lodging in the EOE Office. I remember him looking over his desk and whistling to himself, then breaking out in that old Casting Room Pirate Song:
      “Fifteen men of a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a Pirate Kickstarter, Drink and the devil had done for the rest, Yo ho ho and a Pirate Kickstarter”
      The first 4 sets include all the named Characters from the book.
      THE TOUGHEST OLD SALTS
      The 5th Set includes the Characters in the book that were not named. I have taken the liberty of calling them The Toughest Old Salts.
      "We got together in a few days a company of the toughest old salts imaginable--not pretty to look at, but fellows, by their faces, of the most indomitable spirit.”
      THE BLACK SPOT DEAL
      "...But what is the Black Spot Deal, John?", I asked.
      "It's a Rare Deal, Mate. People keep their weather eye open for such deals, then buy them on their honor.  
      People who is smart as paint is likely to lose their dead lights if they don't see how good this deal be. A collection of the finest Pirate's Pewter. 30 Dirty Scoundrels, Monkeys, Artillery, Barrels & Treasure Chests and even Captain Flint himself"
      Why are you talking like this John? "Yarrr, I dunno" he replied  
       All miniatures 28mm scale and are cast in fine Pewter. Miniatures are supplied unpainted and a few require a little assembly.
      Risks and challenges
      The Major challenge is time
      Most of the design work has been done eliminating the lion's share of work needed for pre-production.
      We are working with Fortress Figures to do the Molding and initial casting. Jeff and Ben are highly decorated Veterans of the Kickstarter industry and have over a hundred successful Kickstarters under their belts!
      I am very confident that we will meet all deadlines in plenty of time.
    • By dmpv01
      This is Cool Mini Or Not's Goliath from the Dark-Age Shadow Caste

• By odinsgrandson
      The Homestarrunner folks have a kickstarter up for Trogdor!! the Board Game.

There is an option to get the game with some cute meeples, or a set of miniatures.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1999933720/trogdor-the-board-game?ref=gamesnewsletterJul1818&utm_medium=email-mgb&utm_source=games-newsletter&utm_campaign=games-07182018&utm_content=link
      Anyone think they can make those minis look really good?  It is certainly a challenge.
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/russrmc/animal-adventures-tales-of-dungeons-and-doggies/description

So you have seen the minis but what about the rules doc? Well, here is just one example of the art quality thanks to the incredible talents of April Prime! Amazingly, this is still work in progress, but she is working on art for every dog and a few bonus pieces as well....hmmm..maybe art prints should be available...

Here's a small piece of Dungeons and Doggies fiction to enjoy! Every mini will have an associated 'icon character' pre generated in the rules pack,and for the Cleric role we have Cerysse, gentle but determined protector of her friends. Many thanks to Kate, our writer, for providing this and many other story pieces for the project! We will follow up with a rules preview for the Companion Domain soon!
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)