12 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

Cant say I'm not disappointed. Now they have  exclusives inside their own projects. I'm okay not getting the figure, but I would want the gaming materials. Sell me the gaming materials please.

Agreed. 

The funny thing is that I had already decided that I didn't want the inconveniently large Cthulhu but when I was told I couldn't have it I became annoyed and spiteful.

PSYCHOLOGY!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Ok backed, not usually a cthulhu fan..but backed cause if 3 things:

1: I'm a CMON sucker

2: The investigators look nice

3: I have no will power 

Edited by talion78
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

I didn't want the inconveniently large Cthulhu but when I was told I couldn't have it I became annoyed and spiteful.

PSYCHOLOGY!

Exactly. They nailed this one. I would never have pledged for it... until I noticed the price creeping up... which challenged me to start hitting refresh.

Looks like they opened more pledges for the Giant C'thulhu but you'll have to wait 2 years (if you're lucky).

Sigh...  I want the game content.  Happy not to pay for the shipping of the toddler-sized "miniature".  I've already got the Reaper Bones Cthulhu and it's cool and big enough.  

I'm in for the $100 level, but I'm not interested in the baby-sized expansion.  I mean, what am I going to do, set up a crib to store the game in?

"Oh, you have a baby?  What's their name?"

"Dread Cthulhu.  Shhh... don't wake him."

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

There is an unlimited 250 dollar get the big cthulhu pledge now but you have to wait until April 2020.

Not anymore, there isn't.  I was on the fence - basically, a yes, and I wanted the large Cthulhu, but I needed to sell some gaming stuff that I am not using to justify getting it.  Without the giant Cthulhu, I can pass (though I will still be selling gaming stuff - GenCon is coming, and my wallet is already complaining about it).

5 minutes ago, warlordgarou said:

Not anymore, there isn't.  I was on the fence - basically, a yes, and I wanted the large Cthulhu, but I needed to sell some gaming stuff that I am not using to justify getting it.  Without the giant Cthulhu, I can pass (though I will still be selling gaming stuff - GenCon is coming, and my wallet is already complaining about it).

No, there still is an unlimited $250 R'lyeh Rising pledge... there's over 2000 people backing it so far.

And the kickstarter's raised more than a million dollars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Fiala said:

No, there still is an unlimited $250 R'lyeh Rising pledge... there's over 2000 people backing it so far.

And the kickstarter's raised more than a million dollars.

Ah, I missed that.  I kept scrolling to the bottom, looking for it there.  My interest is roused again.

Am I reading the KS page correctly? For $100 I get the game, unlocked stretch goals and pretty much everything but the life sized Cthulhu?

7 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Am I reading the KS page correctly? For $100 I get the game, unlocked stretch goals and pretty much everything but the life sized Cthulhu?

You dont get the giant Cthulhu and I think there is some exclusive content as well that you would miss out on. 

• Like 2

I was expecting to get reeled in, but so far only Hastur tempts me, and looks like it might be retailed in a separate box. Holding off for now, will see how long my resolve holds.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Asuranshadow said:

I was expecting to get reeled in, but so far only Hastur tempts me, and looks like it might be retailed in a separate box. Holding off for now, will see how long my resolve holds.

No, Hastur's part of the base game as far as I can see.  I doubt he'll be in a separate box.