41 minutes ago, Asuranshadow said:

I was expecting to get reeled in, but so far only Hastur tempts me, and looks like it might be retailed in a separate box. Holding off for now, will see how long my resolve holds.

Feeling this as well. For 160$, I think I can hold off until retail if I still want it.

I can't wait to see what people are selling the giant Cthulhu for on eBay!  

I think I might try to pick up the Hastur figure of eBay once its out but overall this is an easy pass for me.

On 7/10/2018 at 6:33 PM, NecroMancer said:

You dont get the giant Cthulhu and I think there is some exclusive content as well that you would miss out on. 

Looks like they are talking about doing something to make the game content for the giant Cthulhu a separate add on for people who don't want the big mini. Apparently the miniature doubles as the game board for that content so they'd have to do some other game board to make it an add on.

7 hours ago, cmorse said:

Looks like they are talking about doing something to make the game content for the giant Cthulhu a separate add on for people who don't want the big mini. Apparently the miniature doubles as the game board for that content so they'd have to do some other game board to make it an add on.

Looking at the mini though, I'm not seeing it.  Sure there's some space around the base of the mini, but his hands aren't out to allow you to put on there, his stance and shape aren't going to allow the investigator minis to rest on him anywhere...  

I'm in for now and slowly climbing the pledge levels, one month at a time, but I have a feeling I'm going to drop to the 100 level or all together by the end.  Trying to talk a buddy into pledging for it as he's a huge Cthulhu fan so I can paint some of his minis instead of owning them.  

I really don't like how CMON is stretching out the goals on this one.  $170k to unlock Dagon, and then another $90k for cards and tokens.  A quarter of a million dollars for one complete stretch goal is crazy.

2 hours ago, Rahz said:

I'm in for now and slowly climbing the pledge levels, one month at a time, but I have a feeling I'm going to drop to the 100 level or all together by the end.  Trying to talk a buddy into pledging for it as he's a huge Cthulhu fan so I can paint some of his minis instead of owning them.  

You can come to Denver and paint mine! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I really don't like how CMON is stretching out the goals on this one.  $170k to unlock Dagon, and then another $90k for cards and tokens.  A quarter of a million dollars for one complete stretch goal is crazy.

I agree.  This is already a boring Kickstarter campaign.    Which is not to say the game won't be fun.  Certainly bound to be more fun than this project so far.

The fact that they decided in advance that it would only be 14 days suggests that they don't have enough fun content to keep the stretch goals popping up regularly.  Zombicide Invader (a meh campaign from my perspective) was 24 days.

Zombicide Green Horde (the last cmon campaign I personally backed) was 29 days (twice as long as this!), and managed to get me enthusiastic with the imaginative stretch goals. 

The stretch goals so far seem like placeholders to me.   In particular they lack one obvious quality which seems peculiar in its exclusion.  

The game is based on the provocative premise that:

"Madness is always at your side when battling unthinkable monstrosities from other dimensions. In fact, the investigators already start the game with a diagnosed insanity, which will will be triggered by your encounters with the occult. You may be doomed by your mental breakdown, or learn to use it to your advantage. The closer you are to losing your mind completely, the more powerful your skills will become."

Imagery on cards reflects this idea but the miniatures themselves don't, from what I can see.  Just a bunch of people standing around holding guns and looking pensive.  This is a missed opportunity to do something really engaging and original.

If the KS exclusives were alternative sculpts of the key heroes in increasing states of mental distress, now THAT would get my attention.  Like those classic Murch sculpts for the Rafm CoC line.

• Like 9

Yep. 

I'm rapidly losing interest, it all feels very 'by the numbers', a classic example of when Kickstarter becomes a simple preorder rather than something the community have helped shape

• Like 3

I was kind of shocked we didnt get marble or frosted dice.

I expect a dice bag to follow at some point.

Definitely "meh."

On 7/12/2018 at 7:42 AM, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

If the KS exclusives were alternative sculpts of the key heroes in increasing states of mental distress, now THAT would get my attention.  Like those classic Murch sculpts for the Rafm CoC line.

Exactly! CMON made zombie versions of their zombicide heroes, so making crazed versions of their Cthulhu Investigators seems like a natural.

• Like 1