72moonglum

Ral Partha Dragon Lady by Tom Meier

14 hours ago, KruleBear said:

That is a nicely sculpted mini from that era...and well painted. 

Thanks very much!  I have a feeling than any old miniature nerd over the age of forty probably has this figure tucked away somewhere.

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

Thanks very much Glitterwolf!

40 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

“Dungeon Lady” ... hence the ragged dress.

Hei Rob! You're totally correct! Just went back to one of the old catalogues and she was originally ES60 Dungeon Lady with Pet Dragon.   This is one of the ones you sent me I think, wasn't it?

• Like 1

On June 24, 2018 at 8:59 AM, Chaoswolf said:

She looks fantastic!

Thanks! One thing I wondered about this one, if you painted her with white hair and violet eyes, could she be a certain Khaleesi?

• Like 1

Such amaze. Very wow. I love your work. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SparrowMarie
      So I'm currently in the stages of prepping Marthrangul for a contest. I'm also painting the Frost Giant Queen as a backup entry. So once I get started of love all the C&C I can get. I have a little less than a month to do him in.
    • By 72moonglum
      So an EDIT:  I changed up the photos and added one more different view because I took them from a slightly lower angle

So it looks like Frost Giants are all the rage these days on the forums, so I'll add one more, eventually two.  I have been watching Patrick Keith's frost giant queen ever since she came out on the Bones Kickstarter and got her not too long ago, but didn't feel that I could actually start on her until I got some of my older frost giant pieces out of the way. The first two on the docket are John Dennett's classic Frost Giants from the Grenadier's Giant's Club, where each giant set came with the piece of a map and an obelisk. I'm not sure if after collecting all these you were able to send them in for something?

Anyhoos, here is the female frost giant, one of my all time favorite figures. I'm working still on the male frost giant who is a little more labor intensive, but I'll get him finished one of these days hopefully soon.

and some of the face's close ups because I think I took the farther away photos from a higher angle which didn't quite capture the face.

One thing I've found out especially towards the end of this project is that super glue and tight spaces really don't match and I managed to get the snow around and in a few places where it shouldn't be, including over the left hand's fingernails, which I took painstaking time and effort to make nice, only to get them covered by snow.

The snow I used came from some modeling snow I had bought years ago. Up until now I'd been using baking soda for my snow effect, but I worried a bit that over the time it might yellow (time will tell I guess) and it would not look so nice in a few years. 

In case anybody's interested, here’s the WIP I've been working with:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81156-grenadier-frost-giants/
      where you can also see ongoing process on the male as well.

Anyhows, I hope you all enjoy taking a gander as much as I enjoyed painting her!

• By GodOfCheese
      Learning from my previous forays into blending with wings, I decided to try for something more challenging.  In doing this, I learned that sometimes the parts of bigger minis don't fit together as well as one hopes, which in this case resulted in some  improvisation, especially around the foot/base socket and the wings.  But I am enjoying how he came out.  He was wondrously bumpy.  :-)

• By Citrine
      I had finished the dragon in December last year, but I still had the base to work on. Finally finished this brand new looking clockwork dragon painted with metallic paints and my favorite blue, Nightmare Black this weekend.  I still have another, thinking of doing a rusty/tarnished version sometime.

• By 72moonglum
      Okey dokey, this one I finished this morning, an old knight from Ral Partha.  I think it's sculpted by Julie Guthrie, but not 100% sure.  My biggest problem was what to put on the shield, and my freehand is pretty rudimentary, sonot so perfectly sure how it came out.

Anyhow, hope you guys enjoy him.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)