Citrine

Ma'al Drakar painted as Tiamat (Picture heavy)

This is absolutely fantastic!!

Congratulations on a job very well done!

• Thanks 1

Yeah, his is extremely beautiful, so shocked but I guess not surprised about the time this took. I've seen this behemoth at the hobby shop, and my palms started to itch but I don't know if I'd ever finish such a massive project. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2018 at 6:38 PM, 72moonglum said:

Yeah, his is extremely beautiful, so shocked but I guess not surprised about the time this took. I've seen this behemoth at the hobby shop, and my palms started to itch but I don't know if I'd ever finish such a massive project. 

Part of the reason I did was to determine if I had the stamina and determination to see this project through.  I painted on almost nothing else in this period, so I am looking forward to speed painting some normal sized minis now!

Edited by Citrine
Grammar
  • Like 1

It was a pleasure & an inspiration watching your creation evolve. The result is WONDROUS to behold. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

Absolutly awesome! I like it really, really much. The scales show that you had to spend hours on painting them patiently.

A huge project finished ... what's next? ^^

Edited by empi2k
  • Thanks 1

I am going to put paint on the normal sized in-progress minis I put on hold while painting this beast.  And also do some speed painting. :rolleyes:

Hey, it seems i did not see this topic !

I remember you said you would do it. You did ! And it turned out really superb. Well done and congrats for your patience and perseverance, that was the key. :poke:

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Crowley
      In the Storm King's Thunder campaign I'm playing in we've had 2 encounters with an ancient blue dragon named Iymrith. I don't have a painted blue dragon... And my very pregnant DM isn't going to get one bought and painted before we need her, so...

Digging through my minis, I figured Narthrax was as close as I've got. It was going to be blue anyway (or dessert sands brown) so that was my top choice. I also thought about the wizkids dragons, but the FLGS only had the green, and I wasn't all that impressed with the sculpt. I'd rather drop $30 on another Narthrax if I'm gonna paint a brown one in the future.

Tonight I pulled her out, scrubbed her down, and started working on her base.
      She could probably for on a smaller base, but with her wingspan, and the fact that she's an ancient dragon, I figure she deserves it.

and the cork will give her some extra height. 

It helps her look even bigger as compared to Blightfang!

More to come!
    • By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, this was my entry in Reaper's Facebook Paint Your Giant contest. 77178, Fire Giant Warrior, Dark Heaven Bones model sculpted by Jason Wiebe. It is mounted on a 74027, Ruins Vignette Base, a resin base sculpted by Patrick Keith. This model is huge, 7cm high and 13cm wide with the sword. I did some minor conversion on it.   A heavy thundering sound come crushing down the ruined hall. You see orange and red lights dancing between the pillar supporting the stone roof. In the glimpse of a moment, all hell break loose as a dark skin colossus burst from the rubbles wielding a towering incandescent blade. He lands next to you smashing the large tiles of the floor. You are paralyzed in fear as he turns gazing in your direction with fire in his eyes. Desperate, you wonder if you've gone too far exploring this ancient Undermountain realm.                    
    • By Weird-O
      For my upcoming Dragon Age campaign.

I thought they looked like they need to pee, but a buddy elsewhere described them as Bone Strippers, and now I can't unsee that.

• By Weird-O
      Painted up as a Chantry Sister for an upcoming Dragon Age campaign.

• By BananeDC
      Hi guys, i have just finished All the minis from Bones 3, here is my Ma'aldrakar.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)