72moonglum

Elvis, King of the Bards - Ral Partha

Lovely work! Brings back Partha memories...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Lovely work! Brings back Partha memories...

Part of the reason I paint these I think.....And of course because they are just great figures!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iridil said:

Nice to see the figures well painted - keep em coming!

I’m going as quickly as I can! I’m just a slow painter with limited time to paint. Sometimes I have lots of time in the evenings but there are other times I don’t paint at all for a few days. I really do enjoy the hobby, it’s my version of yoga. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 72moonglum said:

I’m going as quickly as I can! I’m just a slow painter with limited time to paint. Sometimes I have lots of time in the evenings but there are other times I don’t paint at all for a few days. I really do enjoy the hobby, it’s my version of yoga. 

No pressure :) I'm suuuoooper slow myself and sometimes it takes me a month to finish a figure! I'm just really enjoying the series.

• Like 1

Wowzers!  Almost makes me want to take mine and put it in some Pine-Sol and see if I can start over from scratch with the paint job.  As far as I'm concerned, this is one of those classic minis that should never have gone out of production.  :)

Ral Partha made a lot of really amazing minis that inspired me to play an oddball character just so I could make use of it.  (E.g., the "King of the Bards" mini inspired me to play an Elvis impersonator superhero for a "Mystery Men" inspired low-level superhero campaign, and their "Reynard" mini became my rapier-wielding bard character for a fantasy campaign.)  All the same, your paint job here amazes me at how it really brings out that wonderfully fine Ral Partha detail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iridil said:

No pressure :) I'm suuuoooper slow myself and sometimes it takes me a month to finish a figure! I'm just really enjoying the series.

Whenever I get something finished, this forum is always the first (or somewhere between the first and fifth) to know!  In all honesty, this is basically the most active and friendliest forum I've had the joy to come across!

1 hour ago, Jordan Peacock said:

Wowzers!  Almost makes me want to take mine and put it in some Pine-Sol and see if I can start over from scratch with the paint job.  As far as I'm concerned, this is one of those classic minis that should never have gone out of production.  :)

Ral Partha made a lot of really amazing minis that inspired me to play an oddball character just so I could make use of it.  (E.g., the "King of the Bards" mini inspired me to play an Elvis impersonator superhero for a "Mystery Men" inspired low-level superhero campaign, and their "Reynard" mini became my rapier-wielding bard character for a fantasy campaign.)  All the same, your paint job here amazes me at how it really brings out that wonderfully fine Ral Partha detail. 

So A), drop him in some Pine Sol and paint him up again, why not!  And B) he's actually still out there and available on the ralpartha.com web site.   Lots of these old miniatures are out there, just waiting for some re-appreciation!

• Like 2