Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
another Shadowrun figure I just finished working on, a Tom Meier piece, Shadowrun Female Street Samurai with Gun. There is also a male version of this gal that I'll be painting one of these days in the near future. With the rest of the Shadowrun figures I've done recently, I've done lots of vivid colors and makeup, but this lady looked a little more military-ish to me, so I kept her with a natural hair color, a white tank top and some military green shorts. I just did a very single colored base that I might afterwards actually mount onto a plastic base, not sure about that.
It's kind of weird the glaring errors you don't notice until you get these hugely closeup photos, like the seam on her weapons side. Oh well, when you look at her head one you don't really notice it I guess. This hobby is just a continuous learning process! So anyhow, hope you enjoy, even if you can see tons of imperfections!
So I'm working on a set of four, some Meta-Human Subtypes and got this one done first, a female gnome Rigger or Decker. As always, so hard to decide on colors. When I think gnomes I think of either lots of colors or just nature colors, so went with some pretty strong bright shades I think, and blue hair with that cyberpunk vibe that Shadowrun has. After this one, there's a male gnome, a cyclops and a hobgoblin with a mohawk, so hope to get those going soon as well.o
When I took her off the balsa wood base I paint my figures on, a little bit of the paint came off the back of the base I can see now, so I'll eventually touch that up. This little lady is pretty small, a gnome lass in a 25 mm world, so she's not too big at all. If ever I remember I'll take a picture of her against a coin for reference.
Ok! The last weekend of my last show of 2018 is coming up, and the weather is turning cold, so I will have neither script nor sun to keep me from my desk during lunch. Which means I'll be painting!
As I did last year, I'll be keeping a series of WiP threads for my lunch session projects.
First up on the docket this year are three minis that are *this* close to being done already.
The first was my test for plaid for one of my lunch session threads last year. She's a Wizkids barmaid, and she just had a few finishing touches:
Also in the batch is another leftover from an old WiP, the Ral Partha Couatl. Mostly I just need to do the base on this one, but some touching up is necessary on the wings as well.
And finally is a modification of Reaper's Veronica Blaze. I swapped her weapons for lightsabers and gave her lekku a very long time ago, at least eight years. But this Jedi Twi'lek is ready for some quick and dirty OSL so I can call her done.
Here's the checklist of stuff for each.
On Wednesdays I’ve been playing in Storm King’s Thunder at my FLGS, and since I have lots of minis, I’ve basically been providing the minis for the game, including for my fellow players. However, in spite of how expansive my collection is, I don’t always have a perfect match… sometimes not even close to a good match.
This was the case for the party’s human warlock and bard. For the warlock, I was using an elven bladesinger, and the bard was a female elven bard, both from the Chainmail line. It was not a good fit for the rogue-like warlock, and my utter and total lack of male bards of any type was frankly astonishing.
The monk was okay (also from the chainmail line), but as an asamar, the skin was wrong, and the colors of everything else was off too.
So with my most recent order I selected some new minis.
14544: Ian, Ivy Crown Mage for the warlock
02500: Fergus the Weaver for the bard
After washing them and taking care of a bit of flash and moldlines (very minor in both cases) I mixed up some greenstuff and pressed out new bases to match the bases I’ve made for the rest of the party’s minis from the Ruined Courtyard stamp from Happy Seppuku. Once the greenstuff was cured I spray primed them black, and then got to painting.
I’m still blocking in colors, and checking with my fellow players to make sure they match what they picture in their minds. I used Tanned Flesh for the warlock and and bard’s skin, and NMM Gold for the monk’s skin. Beyond that I’m not really sure what to do for the monk… Waiting on feedback.
For the warlock, I’m painting the tunic in blue, and I’m thinking about trying to give the impression of raven’s feathers for the mantle. The yellow accents will give a nice contrast to the otherwise black/blue/purple colors that’ll make up his pallet.
The bard I’m less clear on how to paint him up. So far I’m going with a bright red tunic with some yellow/gold trim. We’ll see what feedback I get from the player going forward.
More to come!
Who's Online 29 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Lord of the Dish Pit
- Grumpy Cave Bear
- Mad Jack
- Pezler the Polychromatic