Sign in to follow this  
GlenP

Dark Elf Ranger Flat

This is another variant of Reaper's Elf Ranger Flat. In this case a Dark Elf. Since I had no idea what a dark elf was, I had to do some research. Basically, they're... dark. Purples, blacks, reds, etc. I suppose there's other variants. I added the nocked arrow using brass rod, putty flights and head. A small amount of carving was involved. Painted in Reaper acrylics.

Qs and Cs welcomed.

Glen

dark_elf_ranger_flat.jpg

• Like 22

Thanks everyone. This is my fourth version. Running out of ideas. Might have to think out of the box - some conversion work, camo pattern on the clothing, etc.

Again, thanks.

• Like 1

I really like this figure, painting it was a learning experience. The desert version you did previously conviced me to get a copy of it, I was not dissapointed.  
This iterations once again does it justice. 

Fun ideas about how to paint the flat next time: 
-  Invisible cloak
-  Light comming from down to up.
-  Dark forest with tiny mots of light piercing the canopy. (I tried to do this on mine but I did not fully commit, so I just changed it into subtle shades of the cloak)

• Like 1

Changing light direction is already on the table. Light coming up from a pit or something...

Dappled sunlight is also a possibility. The trick is to make it obvious to the viewer that it's light filtering through trees and not an irregular pattern on the figure (camo f'rinstance). It might require the piece to be set against a painted background versus a piece of black felt.

Not sure how to paint something that's invisible. Maybe Anne will create a special paint...?

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this