Talae

Talae Upgrades His Office/Hobby Space

This is a look at the disaster of what the space currently looks like (you have been warned):

20180627_182210.thumb.jpg.a367859762c27773bdb18e2c190b0694.jpg

Not pictured is the rather large corner desk, the Detolf shelves on the other side of the room, and the terrain taking up the closet.

Here is the Ikea purchase from today that will help substantially with organization. (Two 3x3 Kallax shelves, three sets of drawers to fill three of the 18 cubes, two 6-drawer Alex drawers, and a countertop to go on top of the drawers)

20180627_150752.thumb.jpg.f0a39f339592ca47ed20db2dd31b5c4f.jpg

I may eventually get another 3x3 to stack on one or both of the others, and also may eventually get some doors and/or drawers for the Kallax shelves, but not yet. Ikea is a little over an hour away, so this combined with lunch and dessert was a decent amount of a day trip with the family.

Wish me luck!

• Like 15

That before picture won't seem so bad about 25% of the way in.  At least not if you're anything like me - it always seems to get worse before it gets better whenever I attempt to organize anything. 

• Like 4

To be honest, the before pic is slightly exaggerated due to this space being a catch all for things in the last week or so. My goal is for most of it to be hidden away and organized by this weekend.

• Like 4

My before picture would look worse than that. So there will be no such picture. 

• Like 2

Here is the progress as it stands (three of the four structures built and much of the stuff in various states of 'not in quite the right place')

20180628_002005.thumb.jpg.063b7e79e9b209660e5f221ae12ba2a1.jpg

• Like 9

Update: no pics this time, but thought I would check in to say I am stopping for a snack and a show with the family. The shelves and drawers are all built. The countertop is next. Then everything gets pulled out to get organized.

Kallaxes (Kallaxi?) and countertop installed. Two sets of the three drawers installed. Only one set of drawers left. Then for the organization. 

20180628_154532.jpg

• Like 8

This is still chaos, but it is beginning to be organized chaos.

20180628_183753.thumb.jpg.a9834107765bad34d71720004762e07b.jpg

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

You're moving pretty fast.  I've been working on mine for 6 months!

I am determined! 

I want this done by the end of the weekend! Then I can actually start painting again!

• Like 4

More work! The desk and drawers are pretty much there, as as the trays for minis. I went a little nuts with the label maker, but it makes my heart happy.

The stuff on shelves needs to be organized still. Then I need to deal with what this has done to the rest of the room.

20180629_002828.thumb.jpg.6908208e09e02e406e31895f01a70fcf.jpg

20180629_002651.thumb.jpg.edcfc4599c3ec534d8009b740b1fdf59.jpg

• Like 12