I have used Stynylrez primer for about 4 years now. I have never had a problem shooting it through my airbrush. But Vallejo primers are just about as good. Both brands  can be used straight from the bottle. I never shoot any paint at 30 psi including primers. I typically work around 12-15 psi with both paint and primer. I have been using a Badger Renegade Airbrush for a couple of years now. I have an Harder & Steenbeck Infinity airbrush as well, but I lost a piece for it and haven't gone through the effort to replace it. I had the same experience with the Infinity; 12-15 psi with both brands of primer straight from the bottle.

• Like 1

so I just watched a video review on youtube, and Ken from badger made a response. I thought the previous comment about the acronym sounded funny, and here's Ken's response on the name:) 

By the way, STYNYLREZ is Styrene, Vinyl, and Resin (changed s to z) combined. These are the 3 substrates we most focused on well developing the product.

• Like 5

Awesome! I got my Grey primer bottle today (4 OZ), love the quick shipping from amazon (free 2 day shipping with my prime student), HATE their packing:angry: I mean, I know it's primer, but jeez would it kill your bottom line to put in at least ONE bubble wrap??? Seriously, came in a box a little bit bigger then a priority mail small flate rate box, with ZERO packing material. Just rolling around in the box. Hopefully I will get my airbrush area clean by tomorrow night or Thursday morning, as I am excited to get some mini's primed and see how this product performs. Happy Fourth of July all! 

The only thing I will add about the primer, which is awesome, is that it does NOT like being frozen.  Many stores up here in Canukistan won't even ship it during the colder months and it's always ruined by the time it arrives.  While I'm sure most paints don't like being frozen, Stynelrez doesn't bounce back.  

• Like 1

Truth.  I bought a three pack of black, white, and grey this past winter. The black and grey survived, but the white was doa. 

What about the opposite? It was in the low to mid 90's yesterday when it arrived (luckily I was home as it got here, but I am sure it was not all that cold in the delivery van)

8 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

What about the opposite? It was in the low to mid 90's yesterday when it arrived (luckily I was home as it got here, but I am sure it was not all that cold in the delivery van)

Probably fine. The freezing separates the water from the binders and allows it to start curing. It's also very noticeably bad with large gooey chunks that can't be mixed back in. If what you have looks good and seems to work then it's almost certainly good.

I have used their primers through my Grex (.3mm) cut at 50% with water, and it works fine....

I also tend to work at 10-20 psi with primers...

Late to the topic but I thought I would add my 2 cents in on compressors I use a Masters TC-02 I got online it was part of a package with a sale 105 for $99.  It hasn't given me any problems or complaints in the 6 years I've had it.  It's also quiet enough that I can't hear it over an Echo Dot speaker playing music.

Only objection I have is that some of the surfaces can get pretty warm with extended use   that and it's larger than some I've seen.

Hope that helps

So I finally got to use my stynlrez through my Badger 105, and wow this was awesome. I primed 8 mini's (two that had a not so great prime from previous priming), and some I thought I had gone a little too heavy one, but once they dried, they leveled out great. I am extremely happy with the results!

• Like 3

Glad to hear it.  I jumped on the stynlrez primer bandwagon after RC this year, got the freebie bottle in the swag bag, tried it out that night, circled back by the booth on sunday to buy a whole set, lol.

• Like 1